F O R T Y - F O U R

CHERISHED MOMENTS;

Draco's pov

  I laid in my bed, staring up at the dark ceiling. The window was cracked open, allowing cold air to seep into the room. I watched as the ray of moonlight danced across the ceiling, the occasional shift it made when it was covered by clouds; when they faded away, the moon was bright again.

I couldn't seem to be able to sleep. Even though my mind was more at ease than it has been in a while, it's being filled with new worries.

What if telling Elle was the gravest mistake I could ever have made?

But it's too late now, isn't it? Because about a half-a-day ago, I told Elle. The biggest secret I've been keeping from her, I told her. Although, she responded much better than I could have hoped for, I don't think I deserved that reaction. I'm putting her life in danger, and she welcomed that danger with open arms.

Glancing down, I saw a head of beautiful golden hair laying on my chest. Soft hums escaping her mouth as she slept in a daze. I smiled sadly, reaching up to stroke the side of her head. Her hair was soft and delicate, fanning messily across her face. I brushed away the stray hairs and just stared at her lovely, peaceful, unknowing face.

After my meltdown the other day, I had eventually composed myself and told Elle about everything else: the cabinet, the deal between Snape and me, and the precautions that she now had to follow.

She had been understanding of the situation, for the most part, but at times, she did seem a tad bit weary. But that's a sensible response to make.

The air was quiet. Uncanny even.

I glanced over to my left, staring at the watch sitting on my nightstand. I looked back at Elle, then back at the watch, carefully reaching for it. I rubbed my eyes, looking down at the glass. The hands ticked silently as slow seconds passed by. It was early in the morning— three a.m, it read, and we had to wake up for school in a few hours.

I released a soft groan from my lips, putting it back and hitting my head against the pillow. "Shit, " I muttered, rubbing my eyes again.

There was sudden movement on my upper stomach. I just closed my eyes, staying quiet. I attempted to act as though I was asleep; it probably wouldn't work, but it was worth a shot.

I then felt a warm hand press against my right cheek, caressing sweetly. The soft and small hand turned my head slightly to the left, the stroking moving near the edge of my jaw. "Why are you up?" asked a gentle voice, though slightly groggy.

I stayed silent, but then grinned. "I'm not up, I am very much asleep, " I mumbled, reaching out. My hand made its way to a delicate curve, I figured out it was her waist. Elle released a dry chuckle, "very funny." She sighed, stopping her hand at the side of my neck. "But I'm serious, Draco, why are you awake?"

I slowly opened my eyes, meeting hers. They looked at me intently. Shadowed and dark—but as blue as ever. My eyes trailed down, over her warm skin, black silk pajama set, and how her body was sat: legs tucked, one hand resting on the pillow beside me, the other on my neck, and how her body leaned towards me.

I smiled, rubbing the side of her waist. Elle tilted her head, raising her brows. "Draco, " she said with a wide smile, "I'm being serious right now. You need to get some sleep."

I just remained to stare at her with a grin, my smile growing wider the longer she stared back. "We could get some sleep together," I said with a smirk, watching as her expression changed from partially serious to hysterical.

Elle took her hand off my neck and hit me against the chest with the back of it. "Shut up," she said in a harsh whisper, shaking her head. "Make me, " I whispered, slightly raising my brows, then slowly glancing down at her lips. I brought my gaze back up to her eyes to see her glaring at me.