D I S C L A I M E R

Hey guys <3

So, to everyone reading, hello. I'm Bella and thank you for beginning my book.

Firstly, this book is purely fiction, and fanfiction is based on the Harry Potter series. There will be characters from Harry Potter in this fanfic, though, some will be warped to fit my story; so don't get mad if you don't like how they turn up.

Secondly, this story will not follow the exact storyline of 'half-blood prince' and 'deathly hallows', a good amount of the story never happens in the books/films.
Also, before starting this story, be aware of what it contains. There are some mature aspects, and some triggering ones: anxiety, sexual acts, sexual harassment, violence, alcohol, sexual intentions, abuse, vulgarity, harassment, self-deprecation, bullying, dark themes, non-consensual acts, death, and some other non-specific aspects that may not be suitable for some readers.

When it comes to whether I should put this story as mature, I did decide that I wouldn't. However, this story is not for everyone. Multiple elements don't suit most people under the age of 13, but, I can't stop you from reading, just be aware that this fanfic isn't exactly youth-friendly.

Aside from all that, I do want to warn you; that this book has been going on for over a year, which means my writing has developed a lot since I started. Even though I am the author of this book, I will be blunt and honest about it, it is very cheesy, cliché, and poorly written for the first half of the book. And, for that, I apologize deeply. But, yeah, if you can get past that, I applaud you, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

On that note, I do want to state that I am a human being, and although I will take any helpful criticism, I don't appreciate bashing. There have been times when people would make fun of my characters, degrade my writing skills, and constantly pester me about my updating schedule.

I know, I am young and inexperienced, but I don't think any writer deserves to feel that way about their work. Respect authors and their work. It's not hard.

And about the updating, I don't mind if you comment at the end of a chapter, "update soon!", I love that because that means you enjoy my work. But, please, refrain from saying things like: "why aren't you updating? We need a new update, " because it stresses me out, a lot. Usually, when I don't update for a long period, I either have lost motivation, or I'm having personal issues, so please be considerate. I am a person who experiences mental illness.

Nonetheless, I love and admire you all, thank you if you read this sidenote all the way through.

I hope you enjoy A Slytherin Secret!

Socials:

Instagram- dracoandfred.enthusiast
Spotify- BellaShay