T W O

CEREMONY OF DISBELEIF;

Elle's pov

After my irritating interaction with Malfoy I was fuming. Who does he think he's talking to? Being a muggle isn't 'dishonorable' he just wasn't raised right, I thought to myself.
I was walking down the train looking for a empty seat when I saw a blonde girl and a brown-haired boy waving at me to sit with them. I looked at them confused, "come on, we don't bite," the girl said in a sweet voice with a giggle.

The boy smiled at me so I returned the favor. I sat down next to the boy and across from the girl. "Hello, I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood." She said putting out her hand. I shook her hand saying "I'm Elle Miles."

"This is Neville, " Luna said eyeing the boy sweetly. He looked at me, "Neville Longbottom" he finished for her, nodding at me. "Hello Neville," I said smiling at him, he smiled back. "So, what year are you in?" Asked Luna, her hands resting on her lap. "Oh, I'm in year 6, how about you guys?" I asked. "Really? Neville's a 6th year too!" She said excitedly, looking between Neville and I "I'm a 5th year though, but we may still have classes together, " she said sadly, but with hope.

I was happy to make some friends this early on, deeming the fact that Draco Malfoy probably already hated me. Which I was completely fine with, he can shove it. But Luna and Neville seemed like really nice people. "So, what house are you guys in?" I asked them. "I'm in Ravenclaw, and Neville is in Gryffindor" exclaimed Luna. "Oh cool, I don't know what house I want to be in, probably Hufflepuff, but I'm hoping I at least don't get put in Slytherin." I answered with a sigh.

"Yeah, being in Slytherin can have its downsides, " said Luna honestly. "But, if you do get Slytherin we can still be friends, I don't judge people based on their house." She said with a warm reassuring smile. "Thank you, I really need friends" I said laughing.

~~~

We finally reached Hogwarts, I was super nervous. I was going to either make new friends or new enemies. I was just hoping it was only going to be the first one. I got out of the train with Luna and Neville beside me, we waited to board the carriage to take us to the castle. The ride there was smooth and quick. The next thing I knew, I was in front of an enormous castle, Hogwarts.

Draco's pov

After Elle got onto the train, I handed over my luggage. I boarded the train looking for Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson, that's who I usually sat with on the ride to Hogwarts. Also, Blaise was my best mate, so obviously, I would sit with him anyway.

I finally found them sitting on the Slytherin side of the train, I slid into the seat where Zabini sat. "How was your summer mate?" He asked, eyeing me with a grin. "Good, I guess" I grumbled with a blank expression. My summer had been bad just like all summers, but it was worse. I had been given a horrible task by the dark lord, even though I was frightened out of my mind I had to stay strong for my mother. I had to stay with my parents all summer because of the turn of events, so I never had a dull moment.

"How about you?" I asked him with a sigh. "It was bloody awesome, " Blaise said with a huge smile. Pansy rolled her eyes and cleared her throat obviously annoyed I hadn't asked about her summer. "How was your summer Pansy?" I asked her finally. "It was terrific" she said giggling. I didn't really care about her summer but asked anyway. "My parents brought us to our summer island for 2 months!" Pansy screeched with excitement. "Cool" I said looking out the window.

The ride to Hogwarts was taking forever so I decided to take a nap.

   I woke up to the sound of Blaise telling me to "wake the hell up" whilst shaking my shoulder vigorously. "Stop touching me" I huffed at him. He looked at me and stopped, he rolled his eyes, turning around to head out of the train. I stretched rubbing my eyes, slowing standing up and waking out the of train car.

When I got out, I could see Miles waking out of the train with Longbottom and Lovegood. Of course she made friends with them. I thought, rolling my eyes. She got into the carriage, as I waited for mine. "I should get one first before that muggle loving girl, " I hissed to myself.

I walked up to my carriage and got in. Parkinson and Zabini joining me. The ride to the castle was short as always, when we got there, Elle and her friends were heading in. Why do I care about where she is? Wait, I don't.

3rd person

Draco and Elle both walked into the castle, each separately with their group of friends. Everyone gathered in the great hall waiting for the housing ceremony. Since Elle was new she would have to be sorted with the first years.

Each first year went up one by one as they got their name called.
"Gryffindor!"Announced the hat with a loud yell. "Ravenclaw!" "Slytherin!" "Hufflepuff!"

It was now Elle's turn.

Elle's pov

As I heard my name called for sorting by a witch names Professor McGonagall, I slowly stood up and headed towards the hat. I sat down on the stool as the hat was placed on my head. The hat started deliberating, "Brave, cunning, ambitious, resourceful, hmm where to put you?...." The hat bellowed with it's twisted torn leather face. "I think I'll go with, Slytherin!"

There was loud cheering from the Slytherin table.

I sat there in a daze, I was just put in Slytherin.
The one house I was hoping not to get.
I stood up and slowly walked over to the Slytherin table, sitting down with a huff. I looked up at Luna, she gave me a genuine smile. I was not happy about this, but I'll just have to get over it.

Draco's pov

When I heard Elle get sorted into Slytherin I almost laughed. Elle just didn't seem like a Slytherin type, by the look on her face, she didn't think so either. I watched as Elle slowly and angrily sat down at the Slytherin table. She looked upset but then looked up and a soft smile spread across her face. What has suddenly changed her mood? I didn't care to ask, I just resumed my conversation with Blaise about potions class.

Later after everyone was sorted the feast began. All the food you could think of displayed across each table. I scooped myself some mashed potatoes and corn. I took a biscuit and a chicken leg then started eating. I looked over at Elle, she still looked amazed at all the food. Skimming over what to choose. I rolled my eyes and continued eating.

~~~

After supper was over everyone headed for their common rooms, Elle stood up first and started making her way there. I followed her through the halls to the Slytherin common room.

When we went in I poked her shoulder. She jumped and turned around, I laughed loudly. She glared at me, obviously annoyed for scaring her. "You scared me!" She yelled. "Sorry" I said while grinning. "Sure you are" she said whilst rolling her eyes. "Upset about being a Slytherin?" I asked, crossing my arms.

She looked down at the floor then up at me. "It's none of your business Malfoy." She spat, sounding very irritated. I looked at her then shrugged. "I don't care anyway. I just wanted to see your reaction." I sneered. She looked at me blankly then turned around heading to her room.