E I G H T

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN;

Draco's pov

The Halloween party was tomorrow and everyone was getting ready. People were starting to decorate the Room of Requirements. Some were decorating the garden while others decorated the halls. I however didn't do anything, I was just going to go to the party, I wasn't going to participate in helping.

I didn't know if Elle was going but I was hoping she would. I don't know why I guess I just wanted to see her there.

It was Thursday afternoon, classes just ended and dinner was in about an hour. So in my free time, I decided to take a walk around the school. I passed by several people outside, making and hanging up decorations.

Weasley was making fog with that mudblood Granger. It was cool looking if I was being honest. I got to the garden, about a dozen people were there, including Longbottom and Finnigan. They were making spiders, dancing skeletons, and bats.

I soon went inside to walk around, Potter was with the girl Weasley hanging up lanterns. They made me want to throw up, the way they looked at each other was disgusting.

I got to the hallway near the Room of Requirements, that is when I saw Elle with Lovegood. She was standing on a ladder as Luna held it to keep it from moving. Why didn't they just use their wands?

"You do know using your wand would be much easier?" I asked looking up at her.

She turned her head and looked down at me rolling her eyes, "I know, but this way is more fun." She said smiling.

Lovegood bent down to tie her shoe, Elle's ladder started to wobble. The ladder was at least 20 feet high and I was scared that Elle would fall, then she did. As soon as I saw her fall off the ladder I ran forward and caught her.

She gasped then looked at me, fear still imprinted in her eyes.

Elle's pov

Draco just caught me, why did he catch me? He could have just let me fall.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" He asked back with furrowed brows.

"Catch me, why didn't you just let me fall?" I
Asked again.

"I might not like you, but I wouldn't let you fall." He said rolling his eyes.

"Can you put me down?" I asked annoyed that he was still holding me, but I was also kind of flattered that he didn't drop me as soon as he caught me.

"Oh yeah, right." He said putting me down.

"Elle I am so sorry that I let go of the ladder, I bent down to tie my shoe. I didn't think you would fall off." Said Luna with a worried expression.

"It's okay Luna, don't sweat about it," I said with a giggle.

"It's not okay, you could have gotten seriously hurt if Malfoy wasn't there!" She said looking into my eyes than at Draco's.

"I said it's okay, but just don't let it happen again," I said with a smile.

"I won't, I promise." She said giving me a tight hug.

She let go and looked at Draco surprised, "Thank you so much Draco!" She said nodding at him.

"It's Malfoy to you, and it's really no problem." He said with his gaze fixed on me. After a long moment of silence, he turned around and headed towards the dining hall.

"What was that about?" Asked Luna.

"I have no idea."

Draco's pov