T W E N T Y - T H R E E

MILLICENT;

Draco's pov

  This was bad, this was really bad. Her father, of all people, had to be Snape. Someone who was working for the Dark Lord and had made the Unbreakable Vow to protect me. "Messed up, right?" asked Elle, sprawled across my bed. I cleared my throat, "Elle– "

"Like seriously, why him? He hates children and has never paid any kind of attention to me. What makes me think he'll actually treat me like his kid once he finds out? He'll probably just brush it off and tell me to keep my mouth shut." She said as she slowly sat up, crossing her lap. She leaned forward and put her face in her hands, releasing a heavy sigh.

She shot up and looked at me, throwing her hands over my shoulder. "Maybe, I can—just not tell him." I rolled my eyes, "you can't do that Elle, you'll have to tell him at some point..." 

She sighed, "I know—– but—– I don't want to. Ugh, that involves approaching him and actually speaking to him."

"Yeah, that's what a conversation is–" I said slowly. Elle laughed and pushed my shoulder. "I know..." she said as she looked up and played with my hair. I looked down at her and rubbed her cheek, "you can do it, Elle, just talk to him."

I know I sounded calm on the outside, but I was screaming on the inside. My Mother told me to tell her about my situation after break, but, I didn't know if I could do that right now.

"Yeah... I guess."

*****

We soon got out of our day clothes and got changed into Pj's, Goyle had dropped off our trunks as Elle had asked. So she had her Pj's ready to go. We decided that Elle was just going to spend the night since we didn't have class tomorrow anyway.

After I was done in the bathroom Elle went in. I pulled back my covers and slid in on the right side of the bed. I sat against the headboard, my arms behind my head as I waited for Elle to be done.

The door opened and the light turned off. She was tying her hair up into a ponytail when she walked out. She was wearing shorts, and an oversized blue crewneck.

For a simple outfit, she sure did look beautiful.

She looked over at me and smiled. As she went over to her trunk, she pulled out clear glasses and a book. "You have glasses?" I asked her with a chuckle. She came over to the bed and slid under the sheets next to me, "Yes, but I don't wear them often."

She put them on and looked over to me, it was dark in the room, but the few candles I had lit illuminated her enough. "Like them?" she asked sweetly. I tilted my head to get a better look, "Yes, they're adorable."

She slapped my stomach, face churning in disgust. "Ew, don't call me that," said as she fake barfed. I chuckled, "why not?"

She rolled her eyes, "it's in my top 3 words to not say, I just hate the word, 'adorable'.

I laughed as I made an inscription in my mind, don't call her adorable, got it. I leaned down to look at the book that she had opened and began reading. "What are you reading now?"

"The Handmaid's Tale."

I sighed as I leaned down on my bed, "sounds boring..."

"Whatever, that's your opinion, " she said with a huge smile. I leaned down and put my head on her chest, nuzzling closer. She gradually brought her book up above my head, so that she could proceed to read as she ran her fingers through my hair. It felt nice.

I could feel her chest rise and fall with each breath she took. After a little while, my eyelids started to feel heavy and it felt like I was about to drift off. Elle looked down at me and glided her soft finger along the side of my face. Dragging it up and down, repeating it, again and again.