T W E N T Y - S I X

GREENGRASS;

Draco's pov

I attempted to mend the cabinet for a few more minutes, but as always, no luck. With a heavy sigh, I looked down at my wrist. The watch that my father had passed down to me for my 14th birthday was strapped there. I didn't like it having interaction with my skin, since it was my fathers, who I despised with a burning passion. But, it was a convenient way to tell the time, so I put up with it.

I watched eagerly as the second's hand ticked around the clock, also as the big hand finally hit noon. I grabbed my vest, picked it up over my head, then slid it down my face, and slowly back on my body. Then, I grabbed my robe, which was laid near where my vest was and pulled it on too.

I snatched the apple core from the apple I had eaten and started walking my way through the towers of junk once again. The walk to the entrance was shorter than the walk when I had come in. I stood in front of the tall dark door, dreading but also envying to step into a better life, a life in which, I am not a death eater. I knew that the life I so helplessly wanted, was all but a dream, a desire, but dreams and desires don't happen, not to me at least.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the dusty and cool air of the room fill my nostrils. Open, I thought repeatedly. I heard the rumble of hinges as the door appeared, and began to open merely at my will. Here we go, I thought as I stepped closer to the large open door. I glanced around the corners, no one was around. I took another step, I was now out of the room. I heard the rumbling again, the door which was once there, had completely vanished out of thin air, just as it had appeared.

I started walking through the empty corridors, once I got downstairs, it would be much busier. I threw my apple core into a nearby rubbish bin as I came nearer to the great staircases. I made my way down each one, following the pattern so I didn't end up on an unwanted level. I finally reached the main floor and walked down the last staircase.

The corridors, as suspected were noisy. Very noisy. A whole load of kids stood outside of the great hall, chatting and waiting for their friends. I passed them all and walked inside. The click-clack of my shoes shouldn't be heard over the noise, so Elle probably couldn't tell if I was here yet. I looked around for Elle at the Slytherin table, she wasn't there. I then scanned over the rest of the room, she was sitting at the Gryffindor table.

I started to walk over to her, she was sitting with Lovegood, Granger, both Weasley's, and Potter. They looked deep in conversation. Ron and Ginny looked furious as they intently listened to Elle talk. Harry's eyes were wide, and his jaw was clenched. Hermione just nodded at what Elle was saying. I slowly looked over at Luna, her usual format had changed. She was sitting with her head down, not uttering a word. Being less noticeable and proud than usual.

Hermione noticed me and looked up as I approached them, "come here Malfoy..., " she whispered waving me over to her. No one seemed to notice I was there, so I walked over to Hermione and sat down next to her. "Just wait until Elle is done talking, then you may take her, " she mumbled. "What is she talking about?" I asked, intrigued. "Well..." she began.

Elle's voice got slightly louder, so I was now able to hear what she was saying. "Yeah, what a total douche right? Putting his filthy hands on Luna, disgusting. Good thing I know somethings about hurting people, I should've gone for his crotch though, damn it I missed a great opportunity. Still, he didn't get off easy."

Well damn, I thought. That's not what I expected to hear. "I guess Elle summed it up for you...," whispered Hermione. Everyone looked up, eyes on Hermione, then they frantically made their way onto me. "Was he there the entire time?" asked Ron. "No," answered Hermione. "No?" questioned Ron in return.