20

4 Months Later 

Lexa returned to Fear The Walking Dead for the first three episodes of season six. After they had finished filming those first three episodes, Lexa exited the show. It was a hard decision on her part, but she was happier. She did know that her fans would be crushed since she was representing an LQBTQ+ relationship on television. Of course, she wasn't killed off. She refused to break those poor gays' hearts again. 

She was now about to film a huge movie with Marvel. She was very skeptical about going into a six-year contract but she would only have to show up to film at beck and call. So here she is, devoting the next three or four months to filming this movie. The only good thing that came out of it was that Lincoln was co-starring. Oh, and a great big check. 

Lexa found filming the movie in Vancouver very difficult. One, it was cold, and two, it was very lonely. Of course, she had made friends with her co-stars, she just missed being home in LA. Plus it was nice and warm. 

To say it was a hectic four months would be an understatement. Lexa had barely any time to herself. Between filming and negotiating a deal with Marvel, it was a lot of time taken up. Lexa loved it though. She loved being busy. 

Lexa was now sitting in hair and makeup getting ready to film her first scene. She was nervous, to say the least. She was going to be on set with legendary actors and actresses that had more experience than she did. 

Acting with Jennifer Lawrence was Lexa's dream since The Hunger Games came out. Ever since then, she had been following the older woman's career. In Lexa's opinion, Jennifer Lawrence should've been the main character. 

When Lexa was done with hair and makeup, she made her way to set. When she made it to the first building, she opened the door and went straight to set. She felt her phone buzzing in her pocket and checked the notification. It instantly made her smile. 

My Girl: come back to the east coast, please :( Pancakes misses u 

Oh yeah, she forgot to mention that she had gotten the girl. Well, it wasn't as easy as Lexa had thought. 

"We need to talk about this," Clarke said. 

Lexa looked at Clarke with glossy eyes. Talk? Clarke never talked things out. She was surprised it even got to this. Lexa had never gotten over Clarke and she missed the blonde every day they were apart. Clarke on the other hand pushed everyone she knew away and kept her distance. 

"Uh, ok," Lexa said, leaning back on the couch. "What do we need to talk about?" 

"Us, we need to talk about us," Clarke sighed. 

"I don't know why," Lexa huffed in frustration. "That was so long ago." 

"Lexa, you just left me," Clarke said. "You didn't give me an option to be with you. You blamed it all on me while I was there when your parents passed away." 

"They wanted me to move on," Lexa said calmly. 

"Even a significant other?!" 

"No, Clarke," Lexa said. "It's not like that." 

"Then what is it like?" Clarke asked. "I need to understand."

"I needed to deal with it alone," Lexa said. 

"Yeah for five years?" 

"Clarke, I was broken for years," Lexa said. "It would've destroyed you and by the time I was finally feeling happy, I would've been too late. I didn't even know how to contact you. I'm sorry." 

"Thank you for letting me know how you felt," Clarke said. "I think that we could give this another shot." 

"Wait, really?" Lexa asked in surprise. 

"Yes, Lex," Clarke smiled. "Do you need anything else? A legal document?" 

"No, but I do wanna finish what we started," Lexa grinned.

"And what was that?"

"You know what I mean," Lexa huffed. "Stop playing dumb." 

Clarke sighed and leaned in, kissing Lexa slowly. 

Ever since then, she and Clarke had been spending as much time with each other as possible. When Lexa wasn't filming, she was on the east coast with Clarke with their cat, Pancakes. Lexa hadn't felt so happy in so long that this had felt like a dream. 

"Lexa, pay attention," One of her co-stars whispered. 

Lexa snapped out of her daydream and paid attention to the director. Oh, how she couldn't wait to finish filming and go home to Clarke.