7

Clarke huffed as she exited the surgery room. It was her job to help people, yet she didn't want to help Lexa. Clarke leaned her head against the near wall and took time to think. Maybe she should've taken the week off. She rubbed her temples gently and tried thinking of the best way out.

She heard footsteps approach and she just thought it was a nurse or a doctor passing by. She listened as the footsteps neared her and she sighed. She opened her eyes to see another blonde in front of her. Clarke would be mistaken if she thought that the girl wasn't beautiful because she was. The girl had silky, long, blonde hair. Her eyes were a beautiful green. She wore a white t-shirt and ripped blue jeans.

"Excuse me, are you a doctor here?" The girl asked politely.

"Not specifically this hospital or any hospital, but sure." Clarke said. "Are you looking for someone?"

"Not exactly," The girl said, her Australian accent sounding. "I'm trying to get Alexandria Woods' progress because none of the nurses will tell me."

"What's your name?" Clarke asked.

"Marny Kennedy." The girl said. "So, are you her doctor?"

"Yeah, I'm just taking a breather." Clarke said. "What do you want to know?"

"Is there any broken bones, concussions, or is she in a coma?"

"Well, we put her in a short-term coma. She must've fell onto hard concrete because her right arm is broken and she has a concussion." Clarke explained. "Are you related to her?"

"No, I'm her best friend." Marny said. "Her other friend, Maia, will be here soon."

"Okay, she's not out of surgery yet, but I'll come get you when we move her to a room." Clarke said.

"Aren't you supposed to be in there?"

"Kind of." Clarke shrugged. "The other surgeons can handle it, I'm just there to supervise and help if needed."

"Ah, makes sense." Marny nodded. "Also, what's your name?"

"Doctor Griffin, well Griffin Junior." Clarke sighed. "My mother is Doctor Griffin."

"Nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too." Clarke said as the girl walked off.

Clarke walked back into the surgery room and watched as the surgeons finished up and stitched her up.

--

Lexa awoke a few days after her surgery and to her surprise, there was no nurse or doctor in her room. She was kind of thankful for that. She saw the IVs attached to her and she groaned. What had happened?

"Ah, I see you're awake." A nurse smiled. "I'll go get the doctor."

And then the nurse was gone. She waited for the doctor to arrive to her room, but they never came. She waited for what seemed like hours for the doctor. She was so tired of laying in the hospital bed and she almost ripped the IVs out.

Why couldn't someone just come visit or talk to her? She was really bored only because she wasn't active or talking. She had made a habit of always being busy so she wouldn't have time to sit down and think or get bored.

When Lexa finally gave up, she tried getting up. And then the pain started. Her right arm started to hurt. And then she got a major headache. She started to hear ringing but it was just probably her hearing things.

Lexa gave in and laid back down onto the hospital bed. She at least wanted her phone. She was bored out of her mind. Lexa looked over to the table next to her and her phone was sitting there. She grabbed the phone with her left arm and opened up social media.