19

A/N: I honestly have no clue what even is happening so I had to go back and reread the story lmao. 

Lexa checked her phone for the first time in hours. She had just finished the last chapter of her book and she hadn't taken any breaks while writing the last chapter. She was surprised to see a text message from her favorite blonde. 

Clarke: hey, you still alive?

Clarke: you've been AWOL since last week 

Clarke: I just wanna talkkk

Clarke: Anya just told me you've been on a writing binge. Take a break. jfc

Lexa: Hey, I just finished writing. 

Clarke: finally! wanna hang? 

Lexa: you in town?

Clarke: no, but I can catch a flight

Lexa: you're crazy lol

Clarke: ik 

Lexa: how was ur date

Clarke: terrible. the guy was so self centered

Lexa: that calls for ice cream and movie binge 

Clarke: calling for my jet

Lexa: so spoiled

Clarke: it's called being rich and successful

Lexa: something that I am too

Clarke: you just don't use the perks

Lexa: who said I didn't ;)

Clarke: lol ok

Clarke: cya later

Lexa smiled widely. She was excited to see the blonde.  It had felt like she was being stabbed in the heart when Clarke told her about her date, but the second Clarke asked her to hang out; she couldn't help but feel excited. 

Lexa got up from her desk and rushed to her closet to pick something nice to wear. She found a nice, white tank top and high-waisted shorts. She put her hair in a bun and cleaned up her condo. Then she realized that she had no ice cream. 

Lexa: can you pick up the ice cream? I forgot that I had none. 

Clarke: ofc get ready for gelato 

Lexa: gelato over ice cream? 

No response. Lexa threw her phone on her bed and continued picking up the wrappers and cans. When her condo looked clean enough, she sat down on the couch and turned on the TV, scrolling through Netflix for a good movie. 

When Lexa decided on the first movie, there was a knock on her door. Lexa rushed to the door and opened it. She saw Clarke standing there with two grocery bags. She imagined that Clarke had bought about a dozen pints of gelato. 

Lexa offered to carry the grocery bags in and Clarke gladly handed over the bags. Clarke followed Lexa into the condo, closing the door behind her. Lexa took all of the pints of gelato out of the grocery bags and put all but two of them in the freezer. 

When Lexa handed Clarke a pint, she took in the younger girl's appearance. It simple, but Clarke pulled it off and Lexa liked that. "Are you done staring?" 

Lexa snapped out of her daze and walked over to the couch and grabbed a blanket. Clarke sat down on the couch and propped her feet up on the coffee table. Lexa looked over at Clarke in disbelief. "Are you an animal?" 

"What?" 

"Your feet," Lexa said. 

"Oh, sorry," Clarke said sheepishly, taking her feet off of the coffee table. 

"So, I picked the first movie," Lexa said.

"Please don't be horror, please don't be horror," Clarke muttered to herself loud enough that Lexa could hear her. 

"It's not," Lexa chuckled. "It's called Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past. It has Matthew McConaughey in it."

"Sounds good to me, but I'm picking next," Clarke said. 

"Fine by me," Lexa shrugged. "As long as it isn't some cheesy romance movie." 

"You say that as we're watching a romance movie," Clarke scoffed playfully. 

"It's a comedy more than a romance movie," Lexa argued. 

"Whatever, just play the movie." 

About two hours later, the pair were on their third pint of gelato and their second movie. Lexa hesitantly handed Clarke the remote. Clarke quickly went to the search bar and started typing. So it's a movie she's already seen. 

Someone Great. A cheesy romance, damnit. 

Lexa looked at Clarke and rolled her eyes. "Why?" 

"Because I've been meaning to watch it!" Clarke said. "And Brittany Snow is in it!" 

"Oh, so cool!" Lexa sarcastically said. 

"Wait, you don't know Brittany Snow?" 

"Of course not," Lexa said. "I don't watch cheesy romance movies." 

"You've never seen Pitch Perfect?!" Clarke shrieked. 

"Nope." 

"Ok, we're watching all three right now," Clarke said. "Screw that stupid movie rule." 

"Sure, whatever," Lexa shrugged. "Amuse me." 

Clarke went to the Apple Store and bought the trilogy. 

"Hey, that's my money y'know!"

"Lexa, honey, you're rich," Clarke rolled her eyes. 

"You never know," Lexa said. "I could be broke." 

"Fuck off with that," Clarke rolled her eyes. 

Lexa chuckled and watched the movie. After all three movies, Lexa couldn't believe she had never seen these movies. They were hilarious. She also understood the attraction Clarke had for Brittany Snow, but she liked Anna Kendrick a lot better. 

Clarke turned her head to Lexa and smiled. "So, how'd you like it?" 

"It was good," Lexa said. 

"Just good?!" Clarke looked at Lexa in disbelief. 

After a few seconds, Lexa gave in. "Fine, it great." 

Lexa smiled and held Clarke's glance. Normally, neither of them liked eye contact. It was too weird and awkward, but this was different. Lexa took this as a sign and leaned in to connect her lips with Clarke's. 

It lasted a few seconds before Clarke broke the kiss and looked at Lexa in shock. Lexa didn't like the way that this was going. Had she screwed up? She never knew when it came to Clarke. 

"I'm sorry," Lexa said. "I thought that you wanted to. It doesn't have to mean anything." 

"Lex, be quiet for a second, ok?" Clarke said. "We need to talk about this." 

Lexa nodded, hoping for this to go in her favor. 

A/N:  Happy late holidays!