Epilogue

Lexa stood at the edge of the wooden boardwalk, her arm wrapped around her father's. She was about to step into the sand, but her father's force held her back. She turned to the taller man. He had tears in his eyes, but a large grin on his face. Lexa knew he needed a few extra minutes. 

She waited for a few moments, letting him have a few seconds to himself. Lexa smiled and tugged her father's arm. The pair walked through the sand toward the ocean. They stopped right before the tide collided with the sand. Her father was reluctant to let go of her arm, but he finally kissed her cheek and stepped to the side. Lexa faced the boardwalk and took a deep breath. She had been waiting for this day for a long time. So why was she so nervous?

Two years ago, Lexa made the best decision of her life. She stayed. She stayed with Clarke. She had chosen Clarke. And now, she was making a better decision. Lexa was going to marry the love of her life.

Lexa waited and waited, watching her friends walk toward her and into the rows of chairs. She was starting to get impatient. All she wanted was for Clarke to walk down the aisle in whatever dress she had picked. Lexa shoved her hands into her pant pockets. For the wedding, Lexa opted to wear a suit.

She wore all white tailored pants, a lace corset tank top, along with a blazer. It was non-traditional and therefore Lexa loved it. Lexa's hair was curled and was resting on her left shoulder (think of Anna Kendrick at the Grammys). When her friends stopped coming, she knew that it was Clarke's turn. The guests stayed standing, turning toward the boardwalk as well. Emerging from behind the tall grass, Clarke was standing. Her arm linked with Abby's.

Clarke wore a long sleeve lace mermaid dress. Clarke's hair was in an intricate bun. Instead of a veil, Clarke wore a flower crown. Lexa couldn't have smiled any more than she was. As Clarke inched closer and closer, Lexa's nerves began to turn into excitement. Clarke finally met Lexa and they linked hands. Lexa knew Clarke was just as excited as she was.

"You look gorgeous," Lexa whispered.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Clarke said back.

"I look amazing."

The crowd sat down, but Raven walked to stand behind the couple. "Dear guests, we are here today to witness Lexa and Clarke's wedding. It's been a long time coming and honestly, I never thought that it would ever happen. I mean, back in the day, Clarke was a complete mess and Lexa was a brooding fool. Then Lexa left and Clarke became a complete bitch. Then Lexa came back and Clarke was still a bitch, but Lexa seemed to be everywhere. Clarke finally forgave Lexa and they got back together. Isn't that a story? They have a lot of ups and downs, but I know that they've loved each other throughout. I can't say many couples share love like Lexa and Clarke do. Now, they will share their vows."

Lexa motioned for Clarke to go first as they had rehearsed the night before.

"I haven't memorized my vows like I assumed Lexa has. I actually wrote them last night in my lonely hotel room alone. I was putting it off because I had no clue what even to write. So if you don't mind, I will put my paper out of my tits."

Clarke quickly pulled the paper from her chest and unfolded the notebook paper. "Lexa, when I met you, I was not in the best emotional state. Honestly, most of it was such a blur. You showed me what love actually was. She showed me kindness and was it was like to have fun. I know I wasn't the best to you for a while, but I never stopped loving you. I promise I will continue to love you for the rest of our lives."

"Clarke, I have loved you since the day I saw you in that bar. I know it seems like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. My first thought was 'oh my god, she's so hot.' But that turned into adoration. You were so strong and independent and I admired you for it. When I saw you after those years of being separated, I knew deep down that I was getting another chance at being yours. I knew I couldn't blow it. I know that you're stubborn and you were a bitch, but I knew you and I knew how to break those walls down. So, I kept showing up everywhere, hoping it would break you down and you would come back home to me. And you did and I've never been happier."