18

After visiting Clarke, she went back to LA to her apartment. Since then, she's constantly texting, snapping, or facetime-ing Clarke. She'd be lying if she hadn't caught feelings again. Lexa just found Clarke more interesting than before. Her friends said that she was obvious about her "little" crush and they teased her for it. 

Lexa had so much free time on her hands, she didn't know what to do. She wanted to travel with Maia and Marny, but she didn't like leaving her apartment. She wanted to lay on her bed and watch movies. But also, she didn't want to get depressed. 

Lexa sighed as she poured herself another cup of coffee. It was her fourth cup of the day. It was decaf so she wouldn't have trouble sleeping that night. She took the mug to her desk and opened up her laptop. 

Lexa opened up her folder of notes. She was writing a story. That's what she's been doing in her spare time. Her story was about people coming down from the sky, not knowing if other entities were alive. But they were, there were a few civilizations left on earth. She was currently writing chapter fifteen. 

She felt very inspired. Lexa was contemplating if she wanted to put a love interest in the story. She decided she would and it would be a tragic love story. Lexa continued to write the first encounter of the two future lovers. She smiled. It reminded her of her and Clarke. 

She stopped typing when there was knocking from her door. She groaned and got up to answer the door. When she opened the door, Maia was standing there. "Surprise!" Lexa shook her head and let Maia in her apartment. 

Lexa closed the door behind her and watched Maia grab a mug and pour herself coffee. She internally chuckled at the girl. "So what brings you here today?" 

"Well, you've been holed up in here the past few weeks. I thought I'd come to hang out with my best friend." She said, turning around with her coffee. "I'm gonna take you out for lunch and then we're going to take a walk." 

"Do I have to?" Lexa groaned. "I have chapters to write." 

"Yes, your tragic love story between Carter and Lafayette can wait." Maia scoffed. "You've written a lot lately and that's more than most writers do." 

"But I want to finish it," Lexa said. "I have a ton of ideas." 

"I bet you do." Maia chuckled and gulped the rest of her coffee down. "Too bad, we're having a girls day. Get dressed." 

Lexa sighed and went to her room to get changed. She put on a pair of skinny jeans and a flowery flannel. She tucked the flannel in and put her Vans on. She walked back to the kitchen where Maia was washing her mug. 

Maia looked up at Lexa and smiled. "You look gay." 

"That's the point." 

"Let's go." Maia shook her head. 

Lexa followed Maia out the door and they took the stairs. Lexa was fourteen floors up, so it was a bitch to walk down. She knew she needed the exercise anyway. She hadn't moved much the past few weeks.  

Maia led them to a hole-in-the-wall barbeque restaurant. They got a table for two and sat down. When Lexa opened the menu, she decided she wanted to get the spicy wings. Lexa suddenly felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. 

She checked her phone and it was a snap from Clarke. She smiled and Maia questioned her. Lexa opened the snap and instantly smiled when she saw Clarke's face. Clarke was with Raven and some other guy. Lexa knew that Raven would never make moves on Clarke, but she was jealous of the other guy. 

She took a picture of Maia and put a smiley emoji on the picture. She sent it to Clarke and put her phone away. "What was that?" Maia asked.

"Nothing." 

"Do you like Clarke?" 

"No, absolutely not." Lexa rolled her eyes in denial. 

"Yes, you are," Maia smirked. "You are in love with her." 

"No, we're just friends." 

"I don't believe you." Maia chuckled. 

Lexa gave her a questioning look and sighed. She had mixed feelings about the girl. Clarke was an extraordinary person. She admired everything about her. Her eyes, her smile, her hair, her relationships with her friends. Lexa loved it when she saw Clarke's eyes light up in excitement. It was like a child. Shit.

"You're just in denial." Maia shook her head in disappointment. 

"No, I'm not," Lexa said. "It's mixed feelings." 

"What kind of mixed feelings?" She rested her head on her hand. 

"I d-don't know." Lexa sighed. "I could be that I'm confused with the present and the past." 

"Maybe, or maybe it's the feelings coming back because you realized you missed her." 

"Could be." Lexa looked at the table.

After going out to lunch with Maia, she went back to her apartment to write again. Maia helped her realize her feelings for Clarke. It was scary because what if Clarke would never feel the same way again. Clarke could also be seeing someone else. Lexa sighed as she typed on her keyboard. 

Lafayette looked at Carter with much interest. She searched the blue eyes for expression, she wanted to see what the blond girl was feeling. Usually, Lafayette was excellent at reading another's feelings through the eyes, but Carter was different. She was different. 

Lafayette watched as the astonishing girl spoke to her delegates. The delegates were in much surprise when Carter had come up with a very detailed battle plan. Lafayette was surprised when she had heard the plans. 

She was feeling these weird things in her stomach. Lafayette wanted to smile, but she suppressed it. Feelings were a sign of weakness according to her teacher. She didn't want to appear as weak, so she kept a stoic face as she secretly admired the blue-eyed girl. 

Lexa finished her chapter and closed the laptop. She walked to her bed and got under her covers. She checked her notifications and smiled when Clarke's name showed up on her notifications. 

Lexa opened Clarke's messages and smiled as she read them. Then she saw a cute selfie of Clarke. Her eyes were brighter and clearer than ever. Lexa loved those eyes. Lexa started to type a message back.

Lexa: you look cute. have fun while you go out. 

Clarke: thanks. I'm going out with my friend Chase. 

Chase, who the fuck was Chase?! Lexa shut off her phone and closed her eyes. There was never going to be a chance with Clarke. But she could be jumping to conclusions. She still knew that wouldn't be a chance, but she would take all that she could get of Clarke's attention as she could get. 

Hi, I finally wrote a chapter of this story. It's been so long that I forgot what the hell happened. But anyway, this is what you'll probably have for a while. :/ 

-Aj