10

Clarke sat outside while the sun set and honestly, she was admiring the beautiful sight while smoking a cigarette. She had to smoke quiet often if she wanted to act civilized around Lexa. It wasn't the easiest thing because every time Clarke was around Lexa, she just wants to punch the living hell out of the girl for being so irrational and dumb. But that was in the past and Clarke just wanted to let her anger out on the girl. Then maybe an attempt at friendship might work.

When Clarke let the cigarette go and she threw it into the ash tray. The door behind her opened and closed, but Clarke ignored it. She just thought it'd be Rex or Wesley going to the car to grab something but she was one-hundred percent wrong. It was Lexa. Clarke internally groaned as Lexa sat down next to her.

Lexa's mind was soaring. Why had she gone and sat down next to Clarke? Of course Anya said to go outside and watch the sun set, knowing Clarke was out there. Lexa honestly would've just settled for going to rest in her room. Anya just pushed her outside though. There was no going back.

"What you said earlier wasn't very appropriate." Lexa said, breaking the silence.

Clarke looked over a Lexa for a moment and looked back at the sun. She clenched her jaw. Of course Lexa noticed. And Clarke knew that Lexa would've brought it up at some point.- just not so soon. Clarke literally had no idea that the plan would've work and Lexa would've just punched her or something but Lexa had paused for a moment and that was what shocked Clarke.

"It was part of the plan." Clarke said. "I honestly thought you were gonna punch me. Plus, Marie literally isn't a virgin."

"You're kidding me?!" Lexa squeaked.

Clarke chuckled lightly and picked up her martini, taking a sip and sitting it back down on the table. Clarke then pulled out another cigarette and lit it with her lighter. Clarke inhaled the smoke and let the cigarette go, exhaling the smoke.

"She and her boyfriend hung out at his house while they were alone and they somehow did it." Clarke said. "I picked her up and she told me and I promised to not tell her parents."

"Well, did you?"

"Nah." Clarke chuckled. "Marie doesn't deserve that."

Lexa huffed and looked at Clarke who was inhaling the cigarette and all of it's drugs. How could Clarke not tell Marie's parents that she had lost her innocence? "Did you mom and Marcus ever marry?"

"Yeah, they eloped in Vegas last year." Clarke partially joked. "No, they eloped without a wedding, not in Vegas though."

"That's nice." Lexa said. "Is that why you're stuck with them?"

"Partially." Clarke nodded. "I'm here because Allison hadn't seen them and Marcus didn't trust Rex with them, especially Marie."

Lexa smiled at how much they had grown over the five years. It had been such a long time since then, but yet it felt like yesterday she was visiting and meeting them. Where had the time gone? And then it hit Lexa, she gave up a lot of life's greatest things for a constant acting career.

Lexa's smile then turned to a frown and Clarke was quick to pick up on her frown. It wasn't because she was unhappy with Clarke's presence, it was because she had been remembering the best times of her high school years that she had not dared to bring up or remember. And if she did, she'd distract herself with acting or something other than that.

"You okay there?" Clarke asked. Clarke had been wondering why she even asked-why she even cared.

"Yeah, just some memories flooding back in." Lexa shrugged.

"Mk," Clarke said softly and put her cigarette into the ash tray. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Lexa softly smiled at Clarke as if were back five years ago when they were dating and it was out of habit. Lexa had whole-heartedly missed Clarke's presence and she now realizes it since she was around Clarke more often now.