five

The nail that sticks out farthest gets hammered the hardest

Patrick Jones

*words*
Kunai - a heavy tool or weapon to carry. Generally, it is a straight leafy shaped blade used as a throwing weapon.

Breath of Spirits: First Form.

Phantom Slash

I was moving before the large demon could, a cloud of black, thick smoke emitting from my blade. It loosely resembled black ink in water, and it's been said that people even see faces within the fog. With my sword raised above my head, I brought it down with practiced muscles, cleanly slicing through the sickly green arm like a hot knife. The demon reeled back from the attack as the smoke dispersed and I landed swiftly before Tanjiro.

With a ready sword, I tried to call back at the boy, "Kamado, get up!"

The warm boy made no movements, blood trailing from his forehead. That's not good. He must've saved that weak kid from something. Idiot. The mask he was wearing earlier had crumbled as well beside his head. 

The demon growled and I turned my attention back towards it and the task at hand. He was a huge demon, standing at maybe 12 feet tall, with terribly green skin and pure yellow eyes. Arms covered his entire body and protected his neck primarily, veiny and numerous. I gripped my sword tighter. 

His yellow eyes with crosses for pupils narrowed as he snarled, "Little rat. Don't get in the way of my next meal."

"You..." I mumbled trailing off as I watched him shift on his feet and one of his arms duplicate into two. Louder this time, I opened my mouth and continued,

"You're really gross."

A beat of silence encased the clearing, leaves rustling as I watched his grey aura glow faintly. And then, he let out a cry of rage, red fingernails scratching and itching at his own skin before he screamed, "Stupid brat! Who are you to talk?!"

My brow furrowed, "I'm not gross. Your skin makes you look like you were dipped in sewage."

As intended, my words only caused his agitation to grow as he stomped his large feet on the ground and nearly made me bounce in the air from the vibrations. I glanced at Tanjiro, watching for any movement, but finding none. 

While I was very briefly distracted, the demon shot a barrage of arms my way but I sensed it in time to swipe at them, sending my blade through the flesh and dodging as needed. At his failed attack, he yelled in anger once more and cried out, "Get out of my way!"

"I'd rather not," I said, blank-faced and firm on my feet as I tried to ignore the rising panic at both trying to exterminate this demon and protect the boy. That was going to be awfully difficult, especially with all those arms.