eleven

Sand was dribbling out of the bag of her attention, faster and faster

Sarah Blake

words
Gakuren - 'Western-style clothes for students' (the demon slayer jacket)
Tabi socks - traditional Japanese socks worn with thonged footwear (The demon slayer socks)

The demon slayer uniform was an easy thing to put on. There was a white button-up shirt with a dark blue gakuren with the kanji for "Destroy" on the back over the top of it. A tad flamboyant, but I liked it. The pants were baggy, held up by a white belt at my waist. They included strings to tie the end of the pants, probably for mobility reasons, but I liked it better loose so I kept it that way. Felt more comfortable for me.

I tugged on my tabi socks as high as they could go and used the straps that were meant for my pants on them, in order to help combat them slipping down. Hopping to my feet, I shrugged on my haori and pulled my hair from it. I reached into my bag and pulled out the familiar ribbon, placing it between my lips as I gathered the top layer of my hair (aside from some pieces towards the front) and then tied it securely with the white and gold ribbon.

I felt good. Wearing this uniform with my sword leaning on the wall beside me, soon to be on my belt. I adorned my mother's haori and my younger sister's ribbon, bringing a piece of them with me. Oh, wait.

Crouching again, I reached into my bag, digging around before finding the thin threaded bracelet. There. Mother's haori, younger sister's ribbon, and younger brother's bracelet. A piece for each one to take with me while I fought in the war against the demons.

I heard shifting behind me, and I spun to face it. A small smile lifted onto my face, spotting Nezuko peeking out from underneath her blanket. She watched with wide eyes so I wandered closer and crouched down.

I'll admit - I had warmed up to Nezuko quite a bit. It was hard not to when she seemed just as gentle as her brother. She'd randomly come up behind me and pat my head, or sit next to me and hold the edge of my sleeve. Once I got over the initial awkwardness of hardly knowing the girl, the acts became that of comfort. As if she were a good friend of mine.

This time though, I gently placed my hand on top of the cloth over her head, "I'll be back in just one second."

She let out a hum, and I took that as her approval, standing to my feet before heading towards the sliding door. I peeked out at first, waiting a second before Urokodaki gave a nod of approval. Tanjiro had been changing out here while I was in the room - it'd be awfully rude of me to barge in.

I slipped out, leaving the door cracked a bit for Nezuko. Urokodaki was sat on the ground, Tanjiro mirroring few steps away. He was now wearing the same uniform as I, with a green checkered haori overtop. His uniform was a dark brown, though. It matched his warm aura, I thought.