sixteen

Knitting is the perfect metaphor for life

Knitting is the perfect metaphor for life. You might spend months knitting something, but you could probably unravel the whole thing in less than an hour.

Gabbo De La Parra

The dust settled around us, pieces of the house continuing to crumble a bit.

I gripped my sword close to me, one hand on the sheath and the other on the handle. Tanjiro had yet to release neither Nezuko nor I; one arm around his sister and cradling her head to his chest while the other was over the top of my ribcage and holding my shoulder. We could both take care of ourselves, no doubt, but I highly appreciated him grabbing me. There was no telling what might've happened, even if I did have a high chance of being fine.

My gaze was locked onto the same subject as his. Two demons. One with orange-tipped hair holding two Temari balls, while the other was a yard behind with short black hair. Both adorned kimonos and haoris of separate colors and the held auras with an incredible amount of ill-intent. Obviously. Why else would they have attacked us?

Without hardly giving us a second to recuperate, the female demon threw them with insane strength and speed again. They whizzed past in colorful blurs, destroying everything in their path. The dust agitated my eyes and I squeezed them shut instinctively. Tanjiro pulled me and his sister closer and I barely felt him ducking his face down between us.

Two demons. One that used Temari balls, and the other..? Unsure. How did they find this place? Why did they even go out of their way to find it? There's no chance they just stumbled upon it. It even hid their auras from me. Not a chance they just happened to come across it.

So they must have a goal. Some reason. Maybe... Muzan sent them?

"Lady Tamayo!" I hear Yushiro cry, causing both Tanjiro and me to turn. Though we only did so just in time to see the colorful toy meet our newfound acquaintance straight in his face, effectively taking the entire head with it. My eyes widened, watching as blood splattered through the air and his body fell limp into Tamayo's arms.

Tanjiro cried his name out in panic - something I empathized with - before standing to attention. We were all on our feet now, though our trio was huddled. I needed to make a plan. Quick. Someway to do something-

"Nezuko, take the lady sleeping in the back somewhere safe outside!" Tanjiro quickly requested, glancing over his shoulder towards his sister. I struggled to keep up with the colorful toys as they whizzed past, gaze flickering as I tried to predict their next moves. But, it appeared as though some outside force was acting upon them. They didn't just bounce off the walls and into the direction they should. They'd go in random, haywire directions.

Tamayo called back, "It's too dangerous outside! We have a basement, so take her there!"

"Understood!" My friend replied, before turning back to his sister. She was quick to give a nod of affirmation before dashing off and through the door of the room. I unsheathed my sword, simply dropping its designed cover and mentally apologizing to whoever made it.