thirty-three

I'm on Tumblr now, so if you'd like some oneshots from various fandoms, they will be there. I'll have more books possibly coming out, but I'd like to post more of my one-off ideas. 

"What did you manage to get done, huh?" I chastised, arms around my knees as I plopped down next to the human cocoon. 

The kakushi bustled around on quick feet, rushing to try and treat everyone as quickly as possible. Most of it was done already, and they were pretty much just slapping on the label of 'treated' onto those wrapped up in bandages. My own arms had been wrapped down to my fingertips, and quite a bit up my neck and on my face as well. But at least I could still move - unlike Zenitsu, who sat next to me. Rather, I came up and sat next to him. 

He couldn't really respond to me, all wrapped up like that, but I heard a mumble from behind the bandages. I hummed leaning forward against my legs and closing my eyes for a moment. Everything was calm for the moment, and another demon-slayer girl had just left to search for demons in the area. She had been in better condition than I had, so I decided to rest for a bit. The sun would come up soon, anyway.

I glanced at the blonde boy, "They said you killed the demon here. Is that true?"

Some more mumbles but I noticed a shift in his aura - one towards a bit of confusion. My brow furrowed, but I just sighed and turned back toward the commotion before us. I could hear crows off in the distance, but couldn't make out their words. I could see the sky beginning to lighten.

"I hope the others are okay," I said to the boy, completely aware that I would gain no response. He was quiet, too. 

The sun rose over the trees and I closed my eyes again as it basked over me and began to warm my face and body. The new day was approaching, and I was living to see it. I wonder how many others were watching it, too. 

I heard a sudden caw above me that gained my attention. I reopened my eyes and glanced upwards, spotting my crow Ocha immediately as he swooped downwards towards me. The small crow circled on its decline down, briskly finding a perch on my arm as I outstretched it. 

As soon as he landed, he was yelling out, "Y/n L/n! Y/n L/n! You've been summoned! Summoned!"

"Summoned where?" I quickly prompted, already aware of the Kakushi that had taken notice and were listening as well. Why did he have to be so loud? If it was another mission, I'd rather him just tell me so I could get on with it. Even though I was far from in the best shape to do a mission, if that's what they wanted, I'd go. 

"Summoned to the demon slayer headquarters!" He announced, immediately causing more of a stir in the Kakushi, "The headquarters! Your presence is requested!"

"Headquarters?!" The closest Kakushi repeated, dropping a load of supplies from their arms with wide eyes. I blinked in confusion; both at the summons and their reaction. Why did I need to go to headquarters? And why was it such a big deal?

One of the Kakushi sighed, "First the boy and demon, and now her too? Okay, come on. We need to get there as quickly as possible."

"Why?" I queered, still pushing myself to my feet as the two Kakushi's rushed me onward. 

The male chastised, "What do you mean?! That means the master has summoned you! We'd never keep him waiting."

The master? The master... I was sure I'd heard of that before. No doubt my mother told me. I had to wrack my brain hard, digging into childhood nights sitting next to her as she told me of her life. Master. Who was the master..? I knew he was immensely important.