fifteen

People say that eyes are the windows to the soul

Khaled Hosseini

[Publishing this just to say; if you want, feel free to ask some questions here and I'll answer them in the Taisho Secrets. Ask as many as you'd like, and I'll credit who asked them :)) they can be about Y/n or Tanjiro, the others, too. Or about how I write or world things. anything at all. 

enjoy.]

"Now, listen to me! Here's the deal!"

Tanjiro and I stood straight as boards, eyes wide at the Udon man in front as he berated us. I felt like a kid that had gotten caught stealing candy.

"My point is this, okay?!" He shouted, "It's not about the money! What I can't forgive is your lack of intent to eat my udon, alright?!"

"I'm so sorry!" My friend stuttered out, clearly as shaken as I was, "Please serve me another bowl!"

"M-Me too!" I joined in, still wanting to actually eat and feeling bad that my food was easily now cold - not how it was initially served. 

"So you're gonna eat?!" The man charged. 

In unison, Tanjiro and I cried out, "Yes!"

With a scrutinizing look, furrowing his brow and literal veins popping from his head, the Udon man leaned closer towards my friend and me, "You'd better eat this time!"

"Yes, we shall!" Tanjiro cried out as we both tensed. 

The man gave a firm nod, "Alright!"

All of the sudden, he turned his attention, past either of us and pointing an accusatory finger at the Kamado sister, "You, too! If you're gonna have udon, take off that bamboo first! What's it for, anyway?!"

The girl who was now wide awake, simply watching with the most confused expression on her face as the man waved his hands around, "Take these chopsticks! Chopsticks!"

Like the wind, Tanjiro dashed around both myself and the man, grabbing the Udon man's hand that held the chopsticks. His face held an expression of pure determination as he both kindly and sternly requested, "I'd like a bowl of udon!" And then, he raised his other hand and presented a number, "I'd like two bowls!"

"R-Right," The man murmured, leaning away from the boy's intense expression. I let out a sigh of relief at his quick thinking. Even if it meant the boy would now have to eat two bowls.