thirty-two

I hate fight scenes. The only reason I put up with them is cause I love KNY so much-

Happy new years! Here's my present from me to you, even if ill probably rewrite this chapter someday-

"Glass," The disembodied voice whispered for the third time. 

I ignored it once again as well, taking steady breaths with my sword drawn as the clay clones rose into being once again. Flicking it, clay plastered from my blade and back onto the floor. For several minutes now I'd been stuck in the mirror dome fighting weird clones that took on various shapes. Several times it'd been me, which had earned me numerous cuts and bruises. The clones were easy enough to take down, but one wrong move and they'd show their inhuman strength as well. Not weak, but far from durable. 

This time, it was once again a clay version of myself, Haori, and all with a sword in my own grip. The clones were always silent, never making a sound. The only time one spoke was when it was still in the mirror, speaking with my own voice. Nothing since had appeared within the mirrors. 

I dodged a sword swipe, hopping away from one, then a second, before blocking the third with my sword and redirecting their weight out. A swift blow through the torso caused the clay to melt again into nothingness. 

With the clones so rampant, I had little time to figure a way out. And the weird presence I kept sensing got me here in the first place so I could only assume it was one of the demons. I wasn't willing to listen anymore. I was already tricked by both it and Joji, so I was unwilling to be a victim a third time. 

The clay was taking a moment to reform, barely shifting in its spot. The demons were probably trying to figure out what to do. Could they hold this up forever? Or a better question; could they hold it up until I die? 

I glanced cautiously at the mirror, my brow furrowed at my reflection. I'd tried every way out except for breaking the glass - because that's what the voice wanted me to do and I feared that solution. The mirrors didn't budge. The clay kept reforming. The illusions were consistent. I was unable to even sense the three demons from within the dome. 

Golden flakes shimmered on the shoulder of my reflection and I scowled a bit more. But they still flickered, even when I waved a hand to try and disperse them. 

"I don't trust you," I stated clearly, moving to retrieve my kunai that had been lying on the ground from a previous throw. The gold flakes didn't follow. 

I wiped the sun-stone blade on my uniform before placing it back into my pocket and then turning back towards where the clay was no doubt going to be forming soon. The golden ashes twisted angrily away from me, and I gave them barely a glance. 

But they shifted, growing in number and moving around before a different form began to take place. The form of a girl, glared at me angrily while I stared in surprise. They hadn't done that before. That shouldn't be possible, it didn't make sense. But the half-formed figure of a girl flickered in existence. She cupped her hands around her mouth and although it looked like she was yelling, the voice came in the same whisper;

"Break the glass."

 I blinked and the golden ashes were falling to the ground, dispersing into nothing. The clay was forming again, back into two demon slayers. 

Was that... was there really a girl there just now? Or was I finally losing my mind after less than 10 minutes in this mirror dome? I blocked a sword from one of the clones, dodging away from the second. Their blades hit my own in a series of back and forth, bouncing off of each other as I noticed they were less sloppy than the very beginning. The demons were beginning to learn, I guess.