Year One: The Best

"Our golden girl! How would you like to accompany myself and a couple more students for dinner tomorrow evening? There will be roast beef, caramel cheesecake, and of course lots and lots of profiteroles."

    Daisy's potion brewing had been abruptly interrupted as Professor Slughorn approached her table with a wide grin on his face.

    Her words had gotten lost in her throat as she had assumed the slug club had been finished with one evening. Yet so suddenly it was back and she wasn't too sure she wished to go back.

    The sneers, downward stares, and the mocking from Barty Crouch... it wasn't the honour Slughorn thought it to be. It was ridiculous. But then again... she had to keep pushing if she were to make it right?

    "I would love to Professor." She replied back politely, and he moved on to Regulus who was scouring his notes.

    "Yeah sure." He responded without letting the man even get a word in.

    "Excellent!"

"Stupid club." Her attention directed to Regulus, wondering if he were speaking to her, but he was only mumbling to himself.

"I don't like the club much either." She replied quietly.

Without lifting his head, Regulus kept scribbling. "I didn't ask."

"Oh..."

    Back to being his strange and quiet self then.

     Daisy had no desire to enjoy the evening. Only to attend and look as best as she could with the rich and pure around her. From her first time at the club she had realised how it wasn't special. It was merely students that had money or smarts that attended. Not an award. Slughorn just enjoyed to have the best in his room. Somewhat feeling special himself as the host.

    After her class, she entered history of magic which she approached Dirk Cresswell quickly.

    "Have you been invited to slughorns party again?" She asked, and Dirk smirked.

    "Well hello tae ye too miss. And aye a huv, ye buzzin'?" He laughed and Daisy cocked her head sideways, unknowing of the meaning behind the word buzzing.

    "What like a bee?"

    "Naw! Buzzin' just means yer excited. Well- aye kinda li' a bee."

    "No not really." She admitted.

    "Good! Neither am a!" He too admitted with a hearty laugh that made her feel relief.

    This time, they would go together.

It didn't have to be as dull as the last time. They'd have each other for the full time! She'd have to plan on what she would wear... she couldn't wear the same dress to the same place twice!

    But all was forgotten about the club when Daisy entered her defence class, where Professor duras was there standing in his burgundy waistcoat and black slacks.

    She searched the room with her eyes. Looking for a lock, a trap door, maybe a cage of some sort big enough to contain a werewolf... but there was none.

    Where on this earth could the Professor be hiding on the full moon.

    The forest was becoming more and more reasonable. Far from the children, quiet, and if there was some sort of house the Professor could hide. But the shack was too far, and the towns people would surely know if there was a wolf in there... so where?