Year One: Fireshow

"Just in time Miss Evans." Professor McGonagall looked up from her desk and above her spectacles in her classroom from ticking and crossing students essays.

Daisy had appeared for her detention on behalf of jinxing a student who's mouth deserved a deep clean.

Before leaving her common room, Daisy naturally had her older sister include herself in her business by questioning her whereabouts, so she came up with the clever lie of just visiting her professor.

She was really hoping that whatever the Professor had planned wasn't as boring as what James is usually tasked with. There was no way she would survive cleaning a dirty changing room.

"Now, I haven't planned something ordinary for you today Miss Evans."

Hearing that, Daisy wondered if she were to venture into the forbidden forest to collect magical creatures, or maybe climb the roof of the castle to clean bird poop off of the towers. Maybe boring would suit her just fine after all.

"Follow me." Professor McGonagall rose from her chair and picked up a large case before gesturing for Daisy to follow her out of the classroom and into the halls of the castle.

In this moment, Daisy was trailing behind Professor McGonagall through the empty stone cold corridors, seemingly travelling downwards instead of upwards which had her wondering if her Forbidden Forest theory was right.

Once stepping foot outside of the castle she shivered dramatically. A chilly breeze had Daisy scowl and curse out the weather in her head. And the forest was in sight, but it seemed that Professor McGonagall had other plans as she was walking in the other direction.

The direction of the quidditch pitch.

Daisy was itching to ask what her detention had in store for her, but she didn't want to jinx her luck here, because now it seemed that things were getting interesting.

    Unless she was heading for the changing rooms...

Travelling along the pathway towards the pitch, Daisy noticed light coming from a huts window, something she hadn't noticed before.

It wasn't an average hut at all, it was much taller at around fifteen feet upwards.

"Professor, what's that hut for?" She asked, pointing in the direction of the cobblestone walls that stood high beneath a protruding triangular roof, and smoking chimney emitting dark clouds into the air.

Professor McGonagall didn't have to turn and instead kept walking. "That's the games-keepers hut, that's where Hagrid lives." Which explained why the hut was so tall. It would have to be to fit someone as giant as Hagrid in there.

Entering the quidditch pitches entrance now, Daisy was certain that she was to do something related to the game. There was a gryffindor and hufflepuff match coming soon... perhaps she had to get it ready!

"The Gryffindor team are practising at the moment, they'll be done shortly, so I would like you to tidy up for them."

That's sounded easy.

Daisy nodded unbothered to Professor McGonagall who quietly smirked to herself when turning away from the young girl.

Arriving inside the pitches opening, James was spotted immediately thanks to his ridiculously bright outfit. There will still a few more days to go before he could go back to his regular clothing, but for now, it was green, green, green.