Year One: Light As A Feather

There was a lot of noise on the first day of classes. Students had filled the common room to the brim sharing their timetables and figuring out who they would be paired with. Daisy felt very small in here, her uniform picked out carefully though everything she had basically looked the same. Her scraped knee was plastered and hidden away under her opaque tights.

"Transfiguration... like changing things?" Bao asked reading her timetable on their way to breakfast.

"Yeah. My mum was really good at that, she helps fix incidents with transfiguration that's how good she is. She's won trophies for competing too."

That was impressive... but she supposed that her father also did things like that. He fixed things, made things, so basically he did the same things just with his hands. He once made a seesaw for the girls but they've grown a bit big for it now, it sits in their back garden catching snow, rain, then drying up for the warmer seasons and looks brand new. Daisy loves seeing the little seesaw outside her window. If she wanted, she could use it now but the only problem would be that she wouldn't leave the ground.

It was strange going from the oldest in primary to the youngest in high school. All the grown up responsibly Daisy thought she had, vanished. She knew even less than she would have known in a regular school. Now it felt as if she had just been born, having to start right at the beginning.

"Morning Little Evans."

When she sat down Daisy saw James Potter. He was sitting with three other boys, one that was small and chubby with a round nose and red cheeks, a taller one with a painful looking cut on the side of his gangly neck and dirty blond hair that waved over his forehead, and the one who looks uncanny to the boy who helped her after the boat. His pale skin glittered and he was smiling while he talked to the lanky one.

"Morning James." She had laughed at 'Little Evans'.

"Oh, so this is Lily's sister? I should have guessed seeing your hair." The Regulus double said now taking his eyes away from his friend. "I'm Sirius."

She had nodded awkwardly. "Yeah, we're sisters. Like, seriously sisters."

"Oh for fuck- my name is Sirius."

"Sorry..." With all the boys laughing she felt a little embarrassed.

"Nah it's cool. Everyone does it first time around."

"Which class do you have first?" The small boy asked.

"Transfiguration!" Heather poked her head around Daisy's shoulder.

Then from across from Daisy, Bao added, "with Professor McGonagall."

"You'll love transfiguration. Not to brag but I'm the best in my year." James smiled proudly, puffing his chest into the air.

"Oh, and you're Marlene's sister, right?" Heather nodded to the tall boy who's voice was sort of hoarse, and much different from the plummy voices of his peers.

"Merlin. Quite the family reunion this year, isn't it? Daisy, Heather, Regulus... is there anyone else we should know about? Pete? You've not got a secret sibling, do you?" James looked around the table.

The smaller boy, Pete, shrivelled and shook his head. "No!"

"Alright, Remus?" Remus shrugged his shoulders.

"Probably, my dad travels a lot. Could have fucking thousands of half siblings by now."

Having arrived at their first class, the first years saw Professor McGonagall standing outside with a notepad in hand.