Year One: Simon

"I'm leaving!"

Daisy forced one eye open and could make out Bao's small figure at the end of her bed.

    Arising slowly and groggy, Daisy squinted at the sunlight assaulting her eyes, and rubbed away the sticky drool smeared on her cheek with the sleeve of her robe.

    "Rough night?" Heather joked from sitting at her desk, looking well rested with a hair brush in her hand. Unlike Daisy who was picking crusty sleep out of her eyes.

    "Yeah... tired I guess" Daisy replied coming around to being awake, and holding a hand to her belly. Her stomach queasy and her head spinning from the amount of cakes and other treats she had consumed. All while her hair was the epitome of a bad-hair day. Laying flat on one side and sticking up like she'd been electrocuted on the other.

    "What did you feed yesterday?"

    She asked as if it had been a rough and difficult job, which it really hadn't been.

    "Puffskiens."

    "Oh..." Heather thought to herself for a moment. "Okay then..."

    Puffskiens we're probably the easiest to feed.

    Then tossed Diasy a spare brush.

    "Where are you going?" She asked seeing Bao holding her trunk in her hand.

    "Home! I was going to tell you last night but I didn't want to wake you, you looked very into your sleep. It's to celebrate new year."

    "Oh- sorry I forgot..." Adding another thing to feel guilty over as she looked at their decorated dorm. "Happy new year Bao."

It looked like Bao had more to say, lightly bouncing on her feet and opening and closing her mouth as if to talk but then suddenly changing her mind.

Daisy tilted her head backwards to Bao, and immediately she blurted:

"Could you show me the snitch before I go?"

    The question took a couple seconds to process until it clicked, and Daisy looked towards her closed drawer, feeling rather apathetic, but nonetheless she reached for it.

Heather and Bao both ran to Daisy's bed, eagerly watching the girls hands rummage through her things until she brought out a pair of thick socks.

"It's in here." Daisy sighed, carefully unwrapping the socks, preparing to catch the snitch if it flew away.

    She could see a glint of gold as bright as a star, and both her roommates gasped. Eventually, the little golden ball was fluttering in between her fingers, and Heather and Bao were wide eyed with amazement.

"Wow... I can hardly believe it." Bao stared intensely at the snitch.

"That's insane." Heather almost laughed.

Though she wasn't feeling so enthusiastic herself, Daisy was at least glad they'd saw it. It was real, and it was here.

"Oh wow... we've really got to find that mirror again." Bao commented.

"We'll wait until you're back, the more eyes the better." Said Heather.

With that, Bao picked up her closed trunk and carried it to the door of their dorm room, followed by Heather and Daisy - who had managed to somewhat make her hair look better.

"I'll be back soon!" Bao smiled from outside of the entrance to Dumbledore's office.

"Have a good time!" Daisy and Heather waved to Bao while she said the words, "pancakes." And the stairs began spiralling down.