Year One: Hogwarts Express

The first of September 1972 was a day Daisy would never forget. The feeling she had when getting dressed and brushing her hair was that of a thousand bees buzzing in her stomach. Her trunk was packed along her books, uniform, diary, and the hand made necklace from Lily was around her neck.

Mr Evans had taken it upon himself to load his girls trunks into the car while they ate a hearty breakfast, kindly prepared by their mother before her shift at the bakery. There would be no more late night cake snaking for Daisy at Hogwarts.

    When it was time to depart, Lily had said her farewells to their mother and walked past Petunia, but Daisy wavered. There was still a bit of a pull towards her oldest sister that she couldn't yet cut despite how little they talked during the holiday. It was wanting her to stay, she didn't want Petunia to be all alone, but then again, a new adventure was waiting for her.

"Bye Petunia, I'll miss you."

The oldest Evans showed no emotion as the youngest hugged her waist, not until the family car disappeared down the road did she allow a tear to fall.

    The train station at last, Kings Cross was were Daisy would hold her breath and step onto the train that would flip her world upside down.

    "Good luck girls, remember to write to us." Mr Evans hugged them tight and kissed their heads.

    With her trolley in one hand, Daisy looked for the train they would part on and found none.

   "Have we missed it?!" She panicked to herself.

    "Follow me." Lily took charge and positioned herself about twenty feet away from a brick pillar. It didn't take Daisy much to realise that Lily had plans to run straight into it.

    "Dad-" but Daisy was off, and her older sister vanished in a flash through the bricks.

    Daisy's legs turned into jelly and she lost all power to hold up her weight and Mr Evans had to pick her up. "It's alright love, you don't feel a thing!"

    "Dad I don't want to." She whimpered quietly as her lip began to tremble.

    "Look at me." Her fathers voice as soft as the clouds above. Worries and anxiety faltered looking into his eyes that were only full of love for his daughter. "You've got this. I know you do."

    With a deep breath and all her strength being put into her shaky hands holding herself up, Daisy narrowed her eyes at the pillar.

    It's just like water. She told herself. She'd ripple through with ease and that'll be that.

    "I'll see you at Christmas, be good! I love you." Her father said one last goodbye behind her which she returned before she ran forward and disappeared out of sight.

    When Daisy turned to look back, her father was gone, and she was standing in an unknown station. Obvious wizards walked by as she recognised their pointy hats and long robes. As she looked all around she struggled to catch Lily's hair, and she thought she had found her but it turned out to just be a family of red heads.

    "Are you lost?" One of them asked having spotted the scared looking girl. A boy around seventeen with fiery hair and freckles all over.

    She felt rather embarrassed feeling so childlike all of a sudden, so vulnerable like a toddler lost in the shops.

    "I'm Bilius, I'm guessing this is your first year?" She nodded. "Just follow me, don't worry, there's nothing to be scared of." His kind and goofy smile made her feel a little better.