Year One: The Return

Trying to carry Sandy out of her house was quite the tricky task. She was going crazy in her cage, squawking and flapping her one wig frantically trying to escape. Daisy had plasters covering her little fingers due to the many times Sandy had caught her in her beak. The little bit really packed a bite.

As much as she would miss her parents and Petunia, she couldn't wait to wave her wand for the first time in two weeks. She missed the colourful sparks and lightning feelings in her arm when casting spells. There was still so much to do, and after seeing the library, so much more than she thought to learn.

Falling behind wasn't an option to Daisy. She was thirsty, and the library was a fountain. If she were to pass all of her exams she'd have to put her head down. There wasn't any chance she'd let the likes of Barty Crouch beat her in the end.

She was determined to go back and win.

At the same time, teach Sandy.

Trying to drag her trunk at the same time had carry Sandy, Daisy repeated everything  that she had packed, ensuring she'd brought back everything she needed for school. She'd also made it her duty to pack her camera to snap as many pictures as she could at Hogwarts, and to then take more once she returned home.

   A large square book sat in her trunk, completely blank. It was something she had received for Christmas and had decorated to her liking. It was a little much but she thought it was absolutely perfect. The pink of it all just screamed 'Daisy Evans property'.

    She was completely over the moon with having friends. It wasn't something she was very familiar with before coming to Hogwarts.

    The other kids in her primary school never talked to her. She was the outsider, never being offered the chance to come in. For no particular reason too... not that she knew of. It's just that... no one wanted to be around her.

    Was it her aura that chased people away? She was never rude or mean to anyone in school, Daisy only ever went along with her own business... perhaps people thought she was too busy for them...

    At the time, she hadn't even realised she didn't have friends until coming to Hogwarts. Daisy often worked alone during class time, creating magnificent projects that teachers from all classes would gush over, yet no other child ever had anything to say to her. She relied on nobody but herself to stay occupied, even if it meant talking to herself or pretending that there was someone else with her to chat to.

    No one ever wanted her in their team for games and sports, despite that Daisy was of average athletics. During school outings she would wander off alone to look at different things to her classmates, but always make it back to the bus in time for leaving — despite not knowing what time it was.

    She was as independent as it got, only because she had to be.

    While the other girls in her class were bonding over music, movies, makeup, she was left in the dark to entertain herself. Then when she attempted to join, she would be given a, 'sorry... we're the only ones playing.'

    Therefore, she stopped trying.

    But all of that changed the second she boarded the Hogwarts express. A switch had been flipped.

    There she found a worried looking girl who looked like she could be in need of some comfort, and it was fate that Daisy was the right person to give it.

    The first person she ever approached actually liked her, and even better, wanted to be her friend! Then within a few minutes... things were only about to get better when another girl joined!