Year One: It's Not All Good

What a wonderful place Hogwarts was. The professors taught well, the food was tasty, the friends were kind, this was a school worth waking up every day for.

   Her classes were actually fun. Daisy didn't just sit at the back with a pencil in her mouth. She cracked jokes, her teachers told her she did well, and she felt... a part of something. Back in primary school she never had that. Though she tried hard.

    When a blinding spark took away her vision, Daisy swore birds were circling her head while she lay on the cold floor. At first she couldn't remember what on earth had just happened, but as she came to, the image of a young boy holding his wand, and laughing, was pictured very clearly.

    Something very familiar.

    She had been alone, which wasn't uncommon, she'd sometimes wander to use the bathroom or to reach Lily, so like any other day she was trotting herself.

    Daisy had turned a corner where she was heading to walk past a couple of first year boys wearing green robes, Regulus was amongst them.

    She smiled at him, but he mustn't have saw her, though he was looking her way. One of the boys called out to her.

    "Hey, where are you going?" To which she ignored and kept walking. Then again.

    "I'm talking to you! You with the red hair!"

    She curled her arms around her waist, her head low. Being alone in primary was all she knew, besides snide remarks and hair pulling. It was best to move on, maybe run.

    "Hey! Don't ignore me you mudblood." Then the flash, and she fell.

    "Hey. Helloooo. Little Evans? Oh fuck. Remus pick her up."

    "Why me? I can hardly carry myself."

    "Fine I will. Where's James or Peter when you need them."

    "Peter couldn't lift a rock."

    "Well it's nice to feel included sometimes dickface."

    These were some of the muffled words Daisy could hear while she lay limbless, her head now flopping over someone's arm.

    "What will we do with her?"

    "Madam Pomfrey obviously, you don't wanna take an unconscious girl around with you to class do you?"

    "Suppose not. Would be a bit of an inconvenience."

    "We could prop her up like a statue."

    "McGonagall would kill us. Leaving a student to die in the hallway! You boys should know better! Some shit like that."

    "You don't think she's dead right?"
    Feeling the world shake like being in the middle of an earthquake, Daisy let out a painful groan.

    "She's good."

     "Will you walk faster?"

     "Carry her then maybe long legs."

     "Boys what are you- what did you do?!" And easily distinguishable Professor McGonagall shrieked.

     "We didn't do anything this time! We just found her like this, honest!"

     "Yeah if we didn't help she'd be dead."

    "Remus!" A sigh. "Give her to me. Now go to class."

    "Jeez your welcome Professor."

    "Thank you Sirius."