Year One: Potion Pair

The three girls who occupied the first year Gryffindor girls dorm were rudely awoken with a siren going off. A siren that had came from Daisy's cage.

It was the morning after returning, and Sandy had now had enough of the dark and wanted out. But Daisy just couldn't let her. She was afraid she'd maul her face or something.

"Sandy it's ok! Look- do you want a treat? Are you hungry?" The food she had left for Sandy in the cage was gone and carefully with bleary sleepy eyes, Daisy held some in the palm of her hand through a crack in the open door.

Sandy went feral and almost took the young girls hand off as she ate, but hadn't purposefully hurt her. Which was a first.

"That's it. Good girl." Daisy encouraged softly to the owl, who began to slow down.

A small hoot emitted from Sandy's small beak.

And Daisy lightened completely, tiredness vanishing as if it were never there in the first place.

    "I'm glad you guys are back! Hogwarts was a little empty without people to fill it up." Theodore hugged Daisy as she entered the common room.

He looked well relaxed and he let his hair loose, curling around his head now. And the smile he wore was radiant. It was so lovely to see.

    "Did you have fun though?" Bao asked the boys hopefully, and they nodded.

    "It was brilliant!" Benjamin cheered. "The feast was huge and we got to go wherever we wanted, Filch wasn't allowed to tell us off!"

    "I even woke up with a few presents!" Theodore was very pleased, and showed off his new red and yellow striped jumper which he stretched out so the girls could see it better. "It came from Santa!"

    Neither of the group members corrected him.

    It sounded like the two of them had really made the most out of not being with family — or in Theodore's case, not being back in the home in which he stays. She was glad that he had Benjamin out of all people to accompany him, she bet there mustn't have been a dull day. Benjamin was rather good at lightening moods.

    "Peeves was a bit of a nuisance though, he kept taking baubles from the trees and pelting us with them." Benjamin hummed.

"It was still funny." Theodore laughed as he reminisced.

    Daisy had almost forgotten about the poltergeist that haunted Hogwarts. The crazy little jester could cause quite a ruckus if he wasn't handled correctly, from what she remembered of him throwing chairs in the morning.

    "I hope they have tarts, last time they didn't and I almost cried." The faint voice of James was heard as the second year boys walked towards their seats on the Gryffindor table.

    Behind him closely, was Sirius.

    But there was no sparkle or brightness in his usual aura as his smile was missing. His hands were shoved deeply into his school trousers and his hair startlingly shaggy.

    Much different from his sleek and shiny. His strands stuck out and looked a little greasy if anything. There was purple skin surrounding his left eye which only stared at his surroundings like nothing less than glass with drowsy pupils, and keeping his shoulders tight as if he were trapped in a box.