Year One: The Green Man

Today James Potter had almost blinded Daisy when he had strutted into the common room head to toe in fluorescent clothing.

His robes were no longer black like everyone else's, they were now completely green. His shirt, trousers, socks, shoes, everything was the same bright colour.

If Daisy were to search for him, the reflective of the sun on his uniform would be intense enough for her to not even have to try and spot him.

James would be as conspicuous as a rainbow umbrella amidst identical dull black, though, normally his personality did that for him anyways.

You could hear James before you could see him, but now you wouldn't have the choice of either.

The minute Peter saw him, he had told him to stay put while he bolted back to his dormitory to retrieve a camera.

"James smile!" He said, and James spun around to pose for Peter's camera with a wide toothy grin, his arms gluing to his sides like a child who had just started primary school and was getting all the attention of his parents.

Daisy laughed seeing as she had stood the same way for her mother when entering her first ever school year.

Daisy didn't think there was anything that James could wear and feel embarrassed in, he was as carefree as they come.

Though no animal but an owl, cat, or toad were allowed to be kept in Hogwarts, the Gryffindor tower had seemed to have gained a peacock.

"What... are you wearing?" Mary looked James up and down studying his fashion choice once she entered the room.

From walking in between her legs, Toby's eyes were also judging James.

Behind her, Eleanor the prefect took one glance and sighed on her way out of the common room. "It's too early for this." Ignoring them.

Being a prefect must be tiring.

"Green." James shrugged towards the second year girls, and Sirius, Remus, and Peter all laughed from behind his back. He spoke casually as if students at Hogwarts usually wore bright florescent green clothing that had people squinting their eyes whenever they looked his way.

"It's in the style now." Remus confirmed with a nod.

"You look... bonkers." Alice tilted her head.

Lily wasn't looking impressed.

Marlene had turned completely red, crossing her legs.

"I look great actually Alice. This is how rich and successful men dress. They like to stand out, and so does James Potter."

Peter let out a wheeze.

"Hey!" James spun around to the three boys. "I'm the only one brave enough to go through with this bet!" Pointing a stiff finger at them.

"You're the idiot that suggest it." Remus' cheeks flushed from laughing at James' state. His wide smile made the apple of his cheeks more prominent, and the few peachy lines decorating his profile turned a shade of light pink from his blush. "You're the one who wanted to walk around looking like a celery stick."

James closed his mouth with a huff.

"What bet?" Daisy asked hastily.

"Well... our dear Snivellus said that I would look like a tree log covered in moss if I wore it. Dumb idiot completely underestimates my good looks! So I'll be wearing this all day to prove a point. If I fail, I have to admit it... and compliment him for the week."