13

I melted against Colby's lips, letting him pull me into him as close as he possibly could. My heart filled with love as I laced my fingers through his hair, deepening the kiss.

I felt at home.

After a couple more seconds we pulled away from eachother, breathing heavily. I just stared into his eyes, trying to figure out what to say.

"I couldn't leave you." Colby whispered as I took a step back, unwrapping my arms from his neck. "Why? I'm not special Colby, I'm a train wreck." I said as he shook his head.

"No. You've been through a lot, and I should have fought for you harder. I shouldn't have let you go." He said and ran his fingers through my hair.

"What about Lucy." I said then took another step back. "We were never dating, Vi. I promise. She doesn't mean anything to me." He said as I chewed my lip.

"Colby...I...I still don't think I'm ready to go back." I said as he nodded. "I know. Just...give me a chance, V. Give me a chance to get back into your heart." He said as I sucked my lips in.

"You never left my heart, Colby. I'm just scared." I whispered as he took a step towards me. "Give me one week. One full week to prove to you that I'm not gonna hurt you. I never want to hurt you." He said and grabbed my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"Don't you have to get back to LA?" I asked as he shook his head. "Anything in LA can wait. You're the most important thing to me. You always have been." He said then cupped my cheek and kissed me again.

This kiss wasn't as heated as the last. This one was slow burning, almost as if he was pouring all of his love into it.

I moaned slightly, feeling myself melt into him again. I never wanted him to pull away, but after a minute he did.

"Let me stay." Colby whispered against my lips. "Okay." I whispered as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and brushed my palms on my pants. "Actually, yeah." He said with a small laugh as I grabbed his bag and started for the stairs.

"Okay...we can get some food then maybe go visit my parents and grams." I said and walked to my bedroom. "That sounds perfect." He said then gave me a quick kiss.

I could feel my heart filling with love every time he would kiss me. I didn't know how I survived all of those months without him, but that's what scares me.

I was afraid of being hurt again.

"I'm gonna shower." I whispered then turned towards the bathroom. I still couldn't believe Colby would turn around and come back to me even after everything that happened.

I couldn't believe that he still wanted me.

I took a quick shower then got dressed and went back into the bedroom. Colby was sitting on the edge of the bed, scrolling through his phone. When he looked up at me a beautiful smile formed on his lips.

"Ready?" He asked as I nodded. "Where did you want to go to get food?" I asked and grabbed my purse. "Wherever you want. I don't really know what's around here." He said as I nodded. "Okay, let's go." I said then left the room.

When we got in the car I could feel the tension building up again. I could feel myself building my walls again, even though I didn't want to.

I wanted to give him another chance.

"What's wrong, V?" Colby asked as I started the car. "I don't know. This just feels wrong." I mumbled as he reached over and took my hand. "I know it's a lot to handle but I'm not going anywhere." He said then squeezed my hand.