42

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay with me going back to work?" I asked Colby as I smoothed my scrubs down. "Of course I'll be okay. I'm really happy for you." He said as I turned to him with a smile.

"Yeah?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, I'll miss having you here with me all the time but I know how much you love working." He said as I walked over and kissed him. "I'll miss being here too, but I'll be home later, then you can hear all about my day." I said as he grinned.

"Go be amazing." He said then caressed my face as Ki came into the room. "Ewwww PDA." She said causing me to laugh. "Hi Ki." I said then stood up straight. "Hey, V." She said as I laughed. "What's she doing here?" Colby asked as Ki grinned.

"Good to see you too, Colby. The guys are busy today so I'm here to hang out with you!" She said with jazz hands. "Oh, good." He said with a laugh as she ran over and jumped onto the bed.

"Don't have too much fun without me." I said with a laugh as I grabbed my bag. "Not possible." Ki said with a laugh as I went over to kiss Colby again. "I love you, kick some ass." He said I grinned. "I love you, too." I said then turned away only to feel him crack his hand on my ass.

"Couldn't help it." He said as I gasped and looked at him. "Bye, V." Ki said as she stifled a laugh and I left the room.

The entire drive to the hospital was silent as I tried to collect my thoughts. I was really excited to go back to work but of course the anxiety was going to creep in on me.

What if I didn't know how to do the job anymore? What if the person I was training didn't like me? What if something went wrong? There were so many things that could go wrong.

"Calm down, Violet." I said to myself as I pulled into the familiar parking lot. I couldn't live my life being afraid of the unknown. I needed to push myself if I was ever going to be successful.

I closed my eyes then took a deep breath and went inside. I kept my head held high as I walked back towards Sophia's office.

I was gonna be okay.

I knocked on the door then heard a familiar voice on the other side. "Come in!" Sophia called out as I opened the door.

"Violet!" She said with a smile as the boy sitting across from her turned to look at me. The boy had curly blonde hair and welcoming green eyes.

He looked nice.

"Hey, long time no work." I said with a grin and walked over to sit next to the boy. "I'm so glad you're back! We're excited to have you train Peter over here." She said then gestured to the boy next to me.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sophia talked you up quite a bit." Peter said as he studied my face, causing me to shift in my seat slightly.

I wasn't necessarily creeped out by what he was doing but it made me feel a little awkward.

"It's nice to meet you too." I said then looked at Sophia. "Great, now that you've met, I'm gonna send you to room 422 and you can start the training process." She said then handed us both our pagers.

"Glad to have you back." Sophia said as we made our way out of the room. "Glad to be back." I said with a smile then left the room.

"So tell me about yourself." I said as we walked to the equipment room. "Oh! Uh...well...I just got out of my program so this is my first job in a hospital." He said as I nodded.

"What made you want to go into this field?" I asked and unlocked the door. "My mom used to do it, what about you?" He asked as I grabbed one of the carts. "Honestly? It was the highest paying job with the shortest amount of time in school." I said as he laughed.