73

When I got to the address I could feel the nerves building up in my chest. I felt like I was doing something bad and that I would get in trouble by being here.

I thought about calling Colby and making up with him but I was still hurt by what he said to me. He didn't deserve to know where I was right now.

I took a deep breath then got out of the car. I felt a twitch in my chest as fear filled my whole body. What if this was all a trick and she was going to kill me?

Would I be okay with my last conversation with Colby being a fight?

I sighed then shook my head and pulled my phone out as I stopped to sit on a bench that was on the sidewalk. I dialed Colby's number then brought the phone to my ear.

"Violet, baby. I'm so sorry." Colby answered after only two rings. "Save it. I just wanted to call to tell you that I love you." I said and traced the scar that was on my chest.

"I love you too..please just come home and we can talk about this." He begged as I shook my head. "I have to take care of something first." I said with a sigh. "Baby, what are you doing, you're scaring me." He said as I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. I'll be home soon. Then we can talk." I said as he sighed.

"I love you, V." He said as I nodded. "I love you, too."  I said then hung up. I then turned my phone off and put it in my bag. I didn't want to get distracted when I talked to Daisy.

I took another deep breath then slowly made my way into the building. I didn't look around for Daisy just yet since I wanted a drink to calm my nerves a little.

"Hi! What can I get for you?" The perky barista asked as I smiled slightly. "Can I get a grande iced chai with vanilla and almond milk?" I asked and pulled my wallet out. "Of course, that will be $6.25." She said and grabbed a cup.

Once my drink was paid for I made my way over to the pick up station. "Violet?" Daisy asked quietly as I sighed and turned to her.

"Hi Daisy." I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "Thanks for coming." She said awkwardly as I nodded. "I hope what you have to say is important." I said then turned back around as the barista called out my drink.

"It is. Let's sit." Daisy said then led the way to a table. "I just wanted to apologize.." Daisy said as I shook my head. "You're gonna have to do better than that." I said and raised my brows at her slightly.

"I know I went off the deep end and I know you were the one in the line of fire...I was always just jealous of you." She said and picked at her nails.

"You were jealous of me?" I asked as she nodded. "But you had everything...you were popular and gorgeous and your mom loved you so much that she would support you through everything." I said as I studied her features.

"Yeah, but you had dreams and passions. You worked hard and got everything you wanted. I was stuck in highschool for too long. I peaked there." She said and looked up at me.

"That's not true, Daisy...you just didn't know what you wanted and that's okay. What's not okay is trying to kill me over some guy." I said and crossed my arms.

"Colby wasn't just some guy to me. He was the reason I got over what happened with my dad. He and Sam saved me." She said and looked up at me intensely.

I shivered as I looked into her eyes, remembering the moment she shot me.

It made me remember that this might be a mistake.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." I said quietly then anxiously took a sip of my drink. "But you did. Do you understand how badly it hurt to watch my idols love you more than me?" She asked as I shook my head.

"They liked us equally until you started acting childish." I said as her jaw clenched. "I wasn't being childish." She said as I sighed. "Be honest, Daisy. You were. It was because you were upset and passionate about them and you're right...I wasn't as big of a fan." I said then looked down.

"I knew it was upsetting you but I can't control how people feel about me." I said as she nodded. "I know...do you understand where I'm coming from though?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I do. I don't know if I can forgive you for what you did." I said as she nodded.

"I understand...I can't even believe I did what I did." Daisy said with a sigh. "Do you regret it?" I asked as she shook her head. "No. I'm glad I didn't succeed of course, but it really woke me up." She said and sighed.

"I know you'll never forgive me fully but I'm really fucking sorry for how I treated you." Daisy said as I nodded. "Apology accepted." I said as she smiled slightly.

"So we can be friends again?" She asked as I shook my head. "I never said that. I forgive you because I can see you've learned your lesson, but we'll never be friends again. After today, I don't want to see you." I said and kept eye contact with her.

I could see the pain in her eyes but she tried to hide it. "I don't have anybody." She said quietly as I stood up. "You should have thought about that before you tried to kill me." I said then grabbed my drink and started to walk away.

"Violet?" Daisy called out, causing me to stop. "Yes?" I asked and turned towards her. "Thanks for coming." She said as I nodded. "You're welcome. Take care of yourself." I said then gave her a small smile and turned around again so I could walk to the car.

I felt bad for being cold to her because I did forgive her, but I couldn't have her around. I couldn't put myself at risk by letting my guard down.

I didn't know what she was capable of anymore and that scared me. I couldn't let her get too close, but I wanted her to know that whatever we had is forgiven, but over.

We were no longer connected.

When I got in my car I let out a sigh of relief, feeling the tension break up in my chest. I sat there for a while, drinking my drink because I knew I wasn't done with confronting people today.

I knew I was going to have to explain to Colby that I came to see Daisy. I knew he would be mad about it and I knew we would probably fight again.

I didn't know if we would get through it this time though.

My heart broke at the idea of losing Colby again. I know what he said was wrong and I know that he can be over protective at times but I couldn't blame him. He loved me as much as I loved him so he just wanted me to be safe and happy.

I sighed then started the car and made my way back to the house. I didn't know if I was necessarily ready to talk to Colby but I knew I needed to get it over with.

When I got to the house I took a deep breath then got out of the car. I felt my heart racing as I walked to the front door.

I walked inside then carefully made my way to my bedroom, hoping I could sneak my way in there to delay the conversation Colby and I were going to have.

Luckily it worked and I was able to sort through my thoughts. I knew I had to be open and honest but I didn't want to cause another huge fight. Part of me wanted to yell and scream at him for making me feel like shit but a bigger part of me wanted to put this behind us, while making our relationship stronger.

Fights don't always need to end in a breakup.

Or at least I hope they don't.