68

"This place is really cool." I said as we slowly made our way up to the second level of the warehouse. I was mesmerized by the walls that were all covered in graffiti.

I always found abandoned buildings to be the most beautiful things. It made you think about the history of where you were. One day there were people working, making jewelry then another day there was nobody here.

It was weird to think about.

"Sam and I used to come here all the time." Colby said as we walked around upstairs. "Yeah, we used to have existential crises on the roof like all the time." Sam said with a laugh. "Well doesn't that sound fun?" I asked with a laugh as I looked out the window.

There was a huge field and a train track that went through the property. It was late November so there were no leaves on the trees but I could just imagine how beautiful it would be in the summer or fall.

I looked out the open window for a second before I felt someone push me, causing me to stumble. I would have fallen out of the window if Colby hadn't caught me by my waist.

"Shit! Are you okay?" He asked as I brought my hand to my chest. "Is this place haunted?" I asked and grounded my feet, trying to her my barings back.

"Yeah...how'd you know?" Sam asked as Colby looked at me with concern. "Something pushed me." I said with a shrug as we stepped away from the window.

"You're okay though?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Yeah, thanks to you." I said and smiled at him. "Good." He said with a grin then took my hand as we made our way to the roof.

"Walk along the seams, the roof isn't stable." Colby instructed ans pointed to the seam in the metal. "Noted." I said as we walked.

It really was a beautiful day. The sky was in an overcast but the sun was still shining through ever so slightly. It was pretty cold but I liked it like that. We had to be careful since there was still a little bit of snow on the roof from last night.

"This is where we decided to do YouTube." Sam said and pointed to the peak of the roof. "That was a crazy day." Colby mused as we walked carefully. "What happened?" I asked as they walked up towards the peak of the roof.

"I had a hard day at school because someone told me that Colby and I were stupid for thinking we could do anything with vine." Sam said as Colby helped me get to where they were.

"The captain of the basketball team was always so hard on us because we were different, but on this day he was being brutal. He told me I would amount to nothing. That we were an embarrassment to the school and to our parents." He said as I frowned.

"He sounds like a douche." I mumbled. "Remember Brent?" Colby asked as I rolled my eyes. "Why am I not surprised?" I asked as Sam's face scrunched. "You met Brent?" He asked as I nodded.

"He was at the grocery store. He seemed like a douche." I said and looked out at the horizon. "He kinda is, but he also essentially gave us our career." Sam said then chuckled.

"I was so upset so I called Colby and told him to meet me here. We sat up here and talked about wanting to move to LA. It kinda really kickstarted our dream to start YouTube and change lives." Sam explained as I nodded. "That's a beautiful story." I said and leaned my head on Colby's shoulder.

Colby opened his mouth to respond only to be interrupted by the sound of a loud bang coming from downstairs.

"What was that?" I asked as I looked at the guys with fear in my eyes. "I have no idea." Sam said as they both stood up. "We-" Colby started but to get interrupted again by another loud bang and a loud scream.