Chapter 3: I Won

Levi's POV

With nothing but just my own voice, I stayed in that empty room. More punishment in the silence because I tossed the tracker and took Hanji off to another place. At least I took her back to the park... I wonder if my demands were met... 

Footsteps walking up to my door, I haven't moved. If I had the tiniest hope, they would manipulate it. But the key unlocked the lock, and the door swung open. All I heard was, "Ackerman, up!"

Slowly, I listened, but as I said, I moved at a slug's pace.

"Hurry up!"

*   *   *

Tugged, pulled, forced out of the room. Then, I was taken down a path I've never been down. Left, left, right. Up the stairs. Left. Another stairs. Where was I going? Shoved into another room, I found myself met with that blonde guy once more. Where was my dear scientist, I wonder...

"Aren't you curious on where you're going?" He asked, and I didn't respond. "Not that talkative with guys like me, huh?" 

My shoulders just shrugged it off.

Erwin leaned closely to me, whispering softly with a threat. "If you truly think that you're going to just use all your effort to woo Hanji, I'll-"

"You'll what?" I grinned softly, "Honestly, I didn't want to make Hanji fall in love with me. But if I cannot help myself, I'll ask her to be mine. You have no control over me like that. Besides, if I'm escorting her, she'll be safe in my arms."

"If something wrong happens to her, I swear, I'll make sure you'll pay for what you said. You promise that she'll be safe? If she comes back with as much as a scratch on her body, I'll make sure all charges will stick on you."

"Go ahead..." I chuckled softly, shaking my head. "I'll like to see you try. After all, I'm innocent in those murder charges."

"Don't... tempt me..."

I chuckled again, "I can't tempt you. I'm not into guys like you."

*   *   *

There she was, Hanji nervously tapping her foot while sitting on the bench. With my little paranoia, I... I figured she was wearing something else. Hm... I wonder...

As soon as I made an appearance, Hanji jolted upwards with a panicked look. "Ackerman, you're here-"

"Please," I chuckled, walking over to her, "just call me Levi." Slightly tugging her down. Whispering into her ear, I say, "Get rid of the listening device. I want to personally talk to you with nothing. We're going into the depths of the hideout and I rather not have you raise the red flag. Take... it... off."

I waited for her to toss the listening device, and I whispered to her again:

"Hanji, put the blindfold on. I'm leading you there."

Those hazel eyes stared at me with protest. "Blindfold? You're kidding."

"No, I'm not kidding. If you were to leave and come back, I need to make sure the place is protected. Otherwise, they will have my head. Do you really want my beautiful face to be broken and bloodied, Hanji?"

"You do not have a beautiful face." She scowled. Her glasses were soon to be tucked away in her pocket as she tied the blindfold over her eyes. I'll admit, I helped her tie the knot. "There."

With a soft chuckle, I walked her in circles, to hopefully confuse her. When I felt it was enough, I began to aid her towards the hideout's entrance- at least it was one of them. I walked into there, hoping Hanji wasn't trying to figure out where we were. Otherwise...

"Ackerman-"

"Don't call me that." I whispered, "I told you to just call me Levi, didn't I? Plus, my last name isn't... let's say is bad if you call me that. Refer to me as Levi- please."

"Is that a threat?"

"It will be when the wrong people hear you call me that." I smiled, continuing to lead her. "Do you want to be safe? Do you want to be unharmed? Listen to everything I have to say, and I promise, everything will be okay."

That seemed to quiet her up. I didn't want to sound so threatening, but it's true. No one in Fallen Angels know my last name- only a few chosen ones. The name Ackerman... not sure if I should be shameful or proud.

*   *   *

Quickly reaching the entrance, I pulled my sleep up just to reveal a small tattoo of the Fallen Angels to one of the guards. They nodded and allowed me to pass through the secret entrance. It's been so long since I've been back home...

"Levi," Eren had popped up from his spot, smiling. "Oh wow- you're back- and... who's that?"

"Recruit." Lies began to leave my mouth through gritted teeth. "She helped me escape from jail, so I'm just repaying her a favor. Don't worry, I've everything taken care of."

"She looks... familiar..."

"She's not who we are looking for, Eren. Go and tell the rest that I'm back, got it? Do not let this get out of hand. I mean it. No one else but our team, got it?"

"Understood."

From there, I led Hanji to my room- well, it's best to call it a compartment. Close to an apartment, but not exactly that. It's certainly not a small house either. It's just my living quarters. It's been empty for awhile.

Locking the door, I helped untie the blindfold over her eyes. "We got to change how you look- otherwise... things aren't going to go well, Hanji."

She looked at me with squinted eyes. "I... change how I look? This better not involve me-"

"Temporarily dye your hair, maybe wear contact lenses instead of those glasses. Something like that. It doesn't have to be... how do I say this? Permanently. Even changing your hair style. Of course, I don't want to cut your hair... but that's completely up to you."

"Where am I?"

"Within Fallen Angels' living quarters, of course. This is where I used to live. Now, we only have an hour before Eren comes back with my team. We have to get it done before then."

"Erm... Levi?"

Huh... she said my first name now. "What is it, Hanji?"

"Why do I have to change how I look? Similar to who, exactly?"

Carefully holding her chin, I smiled. "Hanji, the Fallen Angels have been looking for you to duplicate that serum of yours. That has been their plan for a long time. You willingly walked in here with me. You wanted your serum back. I'm trying to prevent them taking you. Hanji, if you escape from me to go back outside, you can't."

"In other words, I'm trapped here?"

"Until we find that serum of yours and destroy all evidence, Hanji." A smirk grew on my face as I continued. "My dear scientist, I've won this little game. Stay with me, and I'll keep you safe. Now, will you allow me to help change your appearance?"