Chapter 17: Bloodline

Hanji's POV

Levi's words to me echoed in my head. Why did he hide that from me? I should've pried on when this happened... but he would be a stone wall. Or he could tell me about it? I don't believe I had my period in the last couple of months. Then again, I just lose track of the time. Most of the time, I don't record when I get it.

It's very possible I had it last month and just forgot about it now. But even now, I've noticed I've been sleeping in lately. Great.

Every idea I draft up can only be chalked up to my poor memory or because I've been bored in this situation of house arrests. With nothing to do, all I could do was sleep. Sleep, sleep, sleep. It sounds like heaven or some sort of blessing. But trust me... sleeping was just a form for me to pass the time that ever moved so slowly.

It's not like I can go to a doctor or a clinic around here to get myself tested. Why? It'll be brought to Levi's uncle- the one person Levi wants me to stay away from. If I remember correctly, I think it was Mikasa who said that Kenny cared about their Ackerman bloodline. So, if I'm truly having Levi's kid, I would be under Kenny's thumb. Then, he could manipulate Levi to doing malicious things if Kenny took possession of me.

That's why... I have to do this. Take the serum back and never look back. Even if it means... not seeing Levi again. 

Levi just came out of the bathroom, only covered by a towel. I laid on my side, smiling softly towards Levi's figure. "If we don't know when the last time we would see each other... can we spend this night... together?"

He just gave a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "I thought we weren't going to do this anymore?"

"Why?"

"I thought you were going to distance yourself away from me... to make it easier when you leave here. I didn't expect you to... want to have sex. Which is why... I don't have any condoms."

"Levi," I began, patting my stomach gently, "if you did get me pregnant, I don't think it even matters. Besides, I'm taking the birth control pills. No need to worry about me getting pregnant for now-."

"Hanji..."

"Please-."

He took a deep breath, sighing. "Maybe just once... I want to do it without protection. No birth controls either. Only if you don't mind it, of course." Levi gave a chuckle, lightly kissing my forehead. "Just once... I want to do it with you without protection... for my sake."

"Your sake?"

"I trust you, Hanji... and I just... wanted to know how it felt without the condom."

"Depending on if you're planning to... you know."

"Then I guess just keep your birth control pills. Please, Hanji? I'm not exactly begging, but I'm just curious on how it feels."

*   *   *

With the next day rising, I could feel Levi's touch on my stomach and his lips on my forehead. I slightly opened my eyes, groaning softly. Just as I woke up, I heard my stomach growl and claw at it. "Rise and shine, my dear scientist..."

"No..."

"Oi, come on... get up."

"No..."

The annoyance in his voice... it made a smile grow on my face. Levi tapped my shoulders forcefully, and I could tell there was a scowl. "Hanji, we gotta get up. Now. Hanji, come on."

My eyes opened, pushing my palm into his chest. "But I don't want to leave... not here and not now. I'm kinda yearning for another session. Tonight, if we have time, can we do it again?"

"Depends..." Levi chuckled, turning over and pinning me to the bed. He kisses me sweetly, groaning a bit. "Because last night... it was good, wasn't it?" His nose trailed up and down my body, carefully playing his cards right. "Maybe... I do want to do one right now. But like I said... we have to go."

"Ugh... do we have to...?"

Levi scowled, kissing passionately at my lips. "Sorry, Hanji, but we have to. Just in case if... Kenny wants to see you."

I nodded, sighing and prying myself out of bed. "Fine... but tonight, you do promise?"

"I promise, Hanji. With every bone in my body and with my only beating heart. I promise to please you again."

*   *   *

We were enjoying breakfast together until someone appeared at the front door. Cautiously, I took my glasses off and hid it within my pockets. Now, my vision was blurry. All I could rely on was Levi. His blurry figure walked towards the door and opened it. 

"What is it?"

"The boss is asking for her."

"Already?"

"It's urgent."

Levi was silent for a few seconds before responding, "Give me a few minutes to get her. Wait here." He closed the door and went towards me. Quickly, I went towards my spare contacts, putting it in my eyes. "It's time, Hanji..."

After my contacts were on, I leapt onto Levi, gripping my arms around him. "Goodbye, Levi..."

"I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Remember our promise then..."

Levi kissed me one last time, whispering softly. "As I said, I promise to please you again." Levi went to escort me out, but the man at the door told him otherwise. "I have the right to see her off. I already said my goodbyes to her."

"The boss had asked just her."

"Let me go speak to him about that."

"I'm afraid I cannot. The boss' orders." Anyhow, I'm glad to have shared my last kiss with Levi before I was taken far from him. His sorrowful eyes filled my guilty heart as he watched me leave.

*   *   *

Things seemed to move quickly I had forgotten I was already waiting in Kenny's house. My foot could not stop tapping the wooden floor. All alone... and gone... I'm no longer in Levi's protection.

It wasn't long before the doors flew open with just the familiar figure of Kenny Ackerman. There was no grin on his face. Just a stern, monotone mask. The second he saw me, he lifted his nose in the air and began to speak deeply.

"Welcome back to my home, Dr. Hanji Zoe."