Chapter 33: Gone

Levi's POV

"So... Aaron Pierre and Jesse Laskie are the ones we have to track down?" Erwin asked with a heavy sigh, inputting both names into the computer. "And all of this just to make Hanji and that kid of yours, huh? What kind of Fallen Angels member are you, Levi Ackerman?"

My arms crossed as I leaned against the wall, gazing towards the ceiling. "One of the guys with the original intent."

"Original intent? What do you mean by that? Do you mean 'ideals,' Ackerman? If so... what were the original ideals of the Fallen Angels? How different is it than the violence your group displays day after day?"

With a heavy sigh, all I could think about was Kenny. "My uncle changed everything. He did everything before our time, so of course we would grow up knowing the terrors he did with the Fallen Angels as his ally. Originally, the Fallen Angels was created to help bring justice. Again, like Robin Hood. We hardly killed unless it was absolutely necessary."

"Did you kill anyone, Ackerman?"

Reluctantly, I nodded my head. "For your information, Erwin, they were not innocent. I am very certain of that. How do I know? Either they hurt people with witnesses corroborating the event or they attacked first. Did you know I killed a guy who attacked Hanji?"

"There was what?!"

"Don't worry, she was safe. Glad I was nearby and don't sleep much. Otherwise... Hanji could've been dead, or worse."

"Worse than death?"

My eyebrows rose slightly as I remembered Kenny's plan. I'm so glad she had Raven... Raven was truly special. "Would you rather have her having kids with a homicidal manic? A relationship with some guy... I think he was like 20 or so older than me. Since I'm about the same age as Hanji... take that into consideration. Also, think of her suffering bearing kids after kids with or without her permission."

Erwin kept his mouth sealed after that, grumbling softly.

"Do you have something to say?" Scowling softly as I rolled my head. "At least with me, whatever Hanji wants, I'll give whatever she wants. When she found out she was pregnant with Raven, she wanted to keep her. So then, I kept a promise with her that I wouldn't leave her completely. Hanji deserves that... so does my daughter."

"So if you wanted kids and Hanji said no, what would you say about that?"

My shoulders shrugged slightly, as I chuckled. It's been awhile since I slept with her... she wanted to keep her entire focus on Raven only. And I didn't bug her one bit about it. After all, all I wanted to be with Hanji and Raven... my own little queens... maybe the next time I'll see them both, I can ask Hanji if we can have sex again. I miss feeling her-.

"Ackerman, you didn't answer my question."

"Huh?" Snapping out of my disturbed head and looked toward Erwin again. "Oh. If Hanji didn't want kids but I did, I'll respect her wishes. Raven's enough for the both of us if it has to be like that. More kids or not, Raven will always be our first."

"What were you thinking of earlier?"

"Can't say. Otherwise it'll be inappropriate for this office."

"Disgusting. Get your head out of the gutter. Anyways, I have your guys. One of them is out of the country so... that would be difficult, wouldn't it? Do you need both-."

"Of course I need both, Erwin!" Scarring my throat slightly as I raised my voice. A few seconds of breathing heavily, and I replied to Erwin softly. "I wish I can just dump this... this organization is closer to a cult... I hate it very much..."

"So then-."

"Erwin! Erwin!" The woman, I recall as Nanaba, rushed into the office in a huff. 

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded it if it wasn't her holding Raven's favorite little toy. Hanji always tucked the little girl with her little wolf in the corner of her crib. And she never left the house without it. I gave that to her maybe a week after our daughter was born. We had a discussion that maybe a gift like that could help Raven remember me...

"Nanaba, what's going on?" Erwin was so confused, but I knew...

"Where's Hanji?!" I shouted to Nanaba. Regretfully, I know I should never had done that. If she did know where she was, she would never had come here in a panicked state. She was breaking down... and Hanji was gone...