Chapter 22: Tales of My Scientist

Levi's POV

"So..." Isabel was busy attempting to swing her knife with her hand as Farlan watched the ticking clock. "It's been 3 months, Levi. Don't you think it's time you tell us about this... Isabella McFarland? Or... her real identity as Dr. Hanji Zoe? You haven't told us about her- we just heard rumors about her."

"I've been busy..." I know I kept my promise to her, but everything has been so... exhausting. Whenever I try to find her a month after she left me, I've been swarmed with people threatening to kill me. As much as I wanted to see my dear scientist... "I can't get out of this. Am I a bad person?"

Farlan sighed, gazing at me. "You will be if you don't talk to that woman. Otherwise, she'll think you left her alone for some other woman. 3 months... that is one hell of a story. Do you really think that she would believe you that you were busy fending off threats and everything else for 3 months and you couldn't find the time for her?"

"I need-."

"Help, I know." Farlan finished his sentence, chuckling. "Which is why we're going to... well... kidnap you. Somewhat trafficking you out. We're going to let you free into the outside world- and back into the arms of your dear scientist."

"And how are you guys going to do that?"

"Body doubles!" Isabel finally chimed in, giggling like a child. "We get someone to dress like you and we treat them like you while you and Eren scurry away to meet your lil' lover! Foolproof plan, Levi-Bro!"

She chuckles until she realized no one was laughing. 

"A bad plan?"

"Not exactly," Farlan lit up with joy, "we are going to do exactly that."

My eyebrow rose with doubt, but if Farlan was agreeing with Isabel's idea... then it should be worth it. With a heavy sigh, I felt myself giving a slight smile. "As long as I don't die and able to go to Hanji, I'm willing to do it. Oh, and make sure that the person playing as my double won't die. I rather not have that hanging over my head as well."

Isabel smiled brightly, giggling again. "Don't worry!"

"We'll handle it." Farlan smiled, pointing to my room. "Just go get your things packed up for the week. Anything you need for your lady friend-."

"Farlan, Hanji is not someone who I will just lay in bed and make love to." I scowled, getting up from my chair. "She's someone... special. I can't place it into words." Which is the truth. I can't say what I truly think of her into words. Something about her keeps bothering me... and I don't know why.

"I'm coming, Hanji..."

That was something... I always wanted to say...

*   *   *

She hasn't been able to move since the last time we spoke. She said she lived in an apartment... room 621. 6th floor... she wasn't at the top- but she was right below that. She had the beautiful view of the city on one side of the apartment. Adjacent to that, she had the sea. At least, that is what my beloved scientist told me.

Before leaving the mansion left to me, I checked Hanji's information via the database from her work. She still lived there. Unfortunately, I can't get her house key... but I can sneak my way inside to get to her level. I'm such a troublemaker, I know. Breaking and entering... but in a way, I'm not. 

Trice knocking at the door, and not a word. I buzzed her doorbell at least 3 times as well. Nothing. She shouldn't be asleep- well, since she's about 6 months pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if she was taking a nap. Before giving up, I buzzed her again. Nothing.