Chapter 31: Negotiate

Levi's POV

"She's squirming so much- I don't even know if she's hungry or not." Hanji chuckles softly, kissing Raven's forehead. "But she's not crying... so I guess she's not hungry." I stayed in the corner, snapping a few pictures of my queens. 

"Maybe she just wanted to stay away from me." I chuckled, pointing to my face. "Maybe I scared her away and she wants to be with her mom."

"You're not that scary." Hanji rolls her eyes a bit, gently bouncing the little girl in her arms. "Maybe she just wanted to sleep..." Gently, she kisses the infant's forehead before looking at me. "Sit over here, Levi. I don't care if you're not legally tied to me... but... you're still Raven's father."

Pulling up a chair, I chuckled softly. My chin rested gently on Hanji's shoulder as I looked down at the baby in Hanji's arms. I watched her eyes flutter close before twitching her hands. "You know... I wonder... what are we considered as? Boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"You're a terrible boyfriend then." Hanji chuckles. "Knocking me out with this baby and not offering to marry me."

I tilted my head, confused. "Do you want me to propose to you?"

"Well, I'm confused on what we are. Oh well, us just being boyfriend and girlfriend are fine with me. You don't need to commit to marrying me. Besides, you're still dealing with the Fallen Angels, correct? Fix that first before us. That's my wish."

"Your wish?" I chuckled, kissing her cheek. "Then it shall be my command. But I will always do my best to see you and Raven. As well as fulfill your other needs. I want you to think of me as the only man you ever want in your life. Other than you wanting a son... that's different."

"Please-." Hanji was interrupted as the sliding glass doors opened. Of course, I recognize it as Erwin Smith. "Erwin-."

"Bastard." Was all he said as he walked around Hanji's bed and straight for me. I stood up, attempting to evade his grasp, but I could not. His gigantic hand wrapped around my neck and pinned me to the wall. "You're the biological father of Hanji's baby?"

"How did... know?" Midway, Erwin pushed me harder against the wall.

Erwin glared at me with those blue eyes of his- just staring into my eyes. Terrifying. "I put a little security detail over Hanji to ensure you wouldn't be popping around her."

"Hey!" Hanji perked up, but she kept her lips sealed right after that. 

Erwin kept his eyes glued onto me. "I wanted you to be escorted out. I wanted you to stay away- but then, I was informed that legally, you couldn't be removed without the mother's consent. Legally, you could be there for your own daughter."

"Erwin, put him down. Please."

He obeyed Hanji, and put me down. My hand went to my neck to massage the ass that was Erwin in my neck. "What do you want, Erwin?" I asked, keeping a scowl on my face. If he wasn't there to arrest me or something, he had other plans. Plans to use me. I'm not stupid like that.

Erwin walked to the foot of the bed, shaking his head. "Do you love Hanji?"

"If I didn't I wouldn't be here, Erwin. If I didn't love Hanji, why would I be seeing her in this room with my daughter. Why do you ask that?"

He crosses his arms over his chest, glaring at me. "I'm willing to negotiate." I rose my eyebrows, wondering what he's going to say next. "Take me and a patrol of police officers and agents through the Fallen Angels' territory to the leader. We want this organization to fall. Once it falls, you get immunity and safety. You'll be protected."

"And what of Hanji?"

"She's already protected, and we will continue protecting her until the last remnants of the organization falls. Even beyond that, we would do everything in our power to keep her safe. Now that she has a daughter, she would also be under Hanji's protection."

"Raven's my daughter too."

"She will be your daughter if you agree to these terms."

All I did was chuckle. How he doesn't even know a single thing about me or the Fallen Angels. It's stupefying hilarious. "I don't have to take you to the leader."

"So you don't love Hanji and her daughter?"

"Erwin, that's enough." Hanji says in a tone that's similar to a viper. "Leave him alone, Erwin."

Of course, he ignores her. I'm not even surprised at that point. But I do know it angered me. The fact that he was ignoring her words and treating her like she's a side pawn. My hands balled up in anger. 

My chin rose as I confidently towards him, continuing to have that scowl plastered on my face. "You're in the same room as the leader of the Fallen Angels. Know that, okay? Are you going to kill me now?"

His face ran pale as he finally saw it.

"Exactly. I killed the previous leader. I don't have full power over the Fallen Angels. If you took me down, there are people who would gladly take my place and use the organization the way my uncle ran it: pure chaos."

"Dismantle the organization."

"Why should I?" Intensely, stared at him, tucking my hands into my pockets. "The Fallen Angels was originally to bring justice to the ones who were clearly not getting their own justice from the government. We don't steal or kill. That's what my uncle allowed."

"You mention your uncle many times."

"Oh- right, I should've mentioned that." I chuckled, looking over to Raven. "Our leadership is like... a monarchy. The Ackermans are the true heirs to become the leader of the Fallen Angels. So, if I go, then it goes to my niece since she's the oldest one thus far. But if she goes... Raven gets it. And for us to formally pass the title, we have to be the one to pass it down."

"Meaning what?"

With hesitance, I told him the truth. "If anything... Raven will forever be the leader of the Fallen Angels until she passes the title to her own kids or my niece's kids. Politics are weird like that, Erwin. So, there will be loyalists following that sort of policy. The Fallen Angels will never disappear. It will always keep on going. Now that Hanji has Raven... you can never stop the Fallen Angels."

"So you expect us to just let you roam?!"

"I'm expecting you to let me tame this monstrosity. Right now, I'm the only one capable of it." Solemnly, I gazed to Hanji, sighing softly. "I'm sorry... but I can never live a normal life with you. I've tried this entire time trying to rewrite it or something. But the only way to do that is to find the offspring of the original people who wrote the damn policy."

"How close are you on that?"

With another heavy sigh, I told him. "I'm looking for two people."

"Give me the names. I'll find them for you. All you're going to do is to find them and get them to sign a policy? Something like that?"

"Exactly. With them, I can rewrite specific people to take the throne as well as the ideals for the organization. With that... I can be with Hanji forever. She doesn't have to worry a single thing on my end. And I will keep her happy."

"Let's do this negotiation thing one last time then." Erwin cleared his throat, nodding his head to himself. "Bring me the names so I can help you rewrite this so-called policy. With that, you're given immunity-."

"I want immunity for a few members too. They helped Hanji on her journey- so at least give them credit too."

Erwin nodded his head, "Of course."