Chapter 27: Hurry!

Levi's POV

Isabel wandered into my room with a teddy bear in her arms and a gleeful smile on her face. I was going to meet Hanji in 3 days, and I was preparing to leave bright and early. With 3 months passing, I'm in a safer position. 

"What's this?" I asked, seeing her plop it down on my suitcase. "Isabel, what are you doing?"

"A gift for the baby girl!" Isabel smiled. "She should be born soon, right? Right?"

"The date for her to be born is during the week I'm supposed to be with Hanji- yes." I smiled as I said that. If that's true... if she was going to be born on the 13th, then... I got myself an unlucky lucky little girl. "I can't for the little one..."

"Any names?"

Isabel rose an eyebrow as she fell onto my bed, giggling. Farlan wasn't far behind as him and my team walked in. They always wanted to hear the next gossip from me about Hanji. Some were even hoping for a wedding. "No names, Isabel. We haven't gotten that far."

"Oh- that's right, you're meeting with her in 3 days, right, Levi?" Eren asked with his eyes finally falling towards the bear Isabel had given to me. "Is that for the baby girl, Levi?! Wow- she's gonna love a toy like that! She's luck-."

"Eren, enough." As much as it was supposed to be threatening for him to stop talking, all I could do was smile. "What are you guys doing in my room anyways? I'm getting ready to leave in 3 days. Unless there's another emergency I have to handle."

"J-Just real quick!" Jean shouts, then pauses to lower his voice. "Levi, we have someone who's turning them in. They were named in one of... Hanji's old departments."

"Was it Moblit?"

"Moblit?" Jean tilts his head, shaking his head. "Uhh... not that name, no. Who is he?"

Armin then jumped in, interrupting Jean. "It was one of Hanji's underlings. More like... uhh... interns? He's not as close to Hanji. He was put in that position by the... ex boss, Levi. He thought that the previous boss was alive and didn't know he was dead. He just found out when he gave a report to us about Hanji being... er... exposed."

"Exposed? Because she's having my kid?" I scowled just hearing that. That was despicable. I wouldn't forgive that man for even suggesting it. Then again, he didn't know anything. Kept in the dark. "When am I meeting this asshole?"

"After lunch..." Sasha chimed in, quietly speaking. "Oh- which reminds me-."

"Yes, Sasha, you're in charge of getting everyone lunch." She gives a quiet cheer before I put her hopes down. "That means no buying other snacks with lunch and munching on it before we all have lunch."

"Dammit..."

"Sasha!" Connie crosses his arms, practically pouting like a little kid. "No cursing, remember? Anyways... can I come with you to get lunch? I'm thinking we should all get burgers. Oh- like, the one close to Hanji's lab-."

"Hanji's not gonna be there." I scowled, hearing my phone buzz. "She's staying at her house for now- until I get home. Right now, she's... I hate to call her like this but... she's a like a balloon ready to pop. And I don't want her to wander around with our baby almost ready to come out."

"Understood, Levi." Eren bowed his head, turning the little clowns out of my room. "We'll text you guys what we want from the burger place."

Jean sighed, turning around with Sasha and Connie. "Levi, I'm coming with those two chuckleheads too. Don't worry, we'll be out of your hair. Just... finish your packing. Mikasa, Armin, Eren, you guys should... uh... we should all leave."

"Trying to do my job?" My eyebrow rose at him slightly. "Don't tell me what to do, Jean. I'm still your leader here, got it? Technically, your boss. But I'm not going to flaunt my title at you guys. You should know how to act. But yes, leave now. I got things to deal with." I then picked up my phone, seeing the username- Four-Eyed Freak. 

"Is that Hanji?" Farlan chuckles.

"Shut up. How would you even know if it is her? You didn't see the name on the phone."

Farlan smiled softly, pointing to his own face. "Your cheeks start blushing whenever Hanji is mentioned. You're so pale that even the slightest blush is very clear on your cheeks. Besides, answer it. The lovely woman and your unborn baby matters most..."

My eyes rolled a bit as I answered it. Before I could even speak to her, I hear- "Levi!"

"Hanji? Hanji, what's wrong?"

"T-The baby- gah! G-Get over here! Hurry! Hurry! Now, Levi! I'm giving birth!"

"What?!" Everyone stared at me as I screamed that out. "Hanji, where are you going?! Where are you right now?! I-I'll be there as quickly as possible, Hanji. Just... tell me where are you?!"

"Karol Petersen Hospital!"

"Who's taking you there?"

"N-Nanaba... co-worker..."

I nodded, trying to breathe. "I'm coming- I promise. Just... just breathe, Hanji. Breathe nice and slow." I hung up, having my eyes dart all over the place. "Hanji's giving birth right now- where are my car keys- I'm gonna go to here- Armin, get my GPS up for Karol Petersen Hospital- now!"

The goddamn baby... She's early...