49: "Stop pissing testosterone and just go to bed."

Remus and I end up staying outside for the rest of class, me not wanting to return Sebastian, who now sleeps in my arms, and him not wanting to face McGonagall. We head back to the common room once the bell rings, and as the portrait door swings shut, I hear Sirius's voice.

"S-so, I—er . . . I guess what I'm trying to say is . . ." I turn the corner to see a flustered Sirius staring hopelessly at his own shoes as James waits patiently, "I'm—er—sorry, or whatever. I'm sorry, Jamesy. I really am."

He looks up uncertainly at James, whose face breaks out into a grin. He hugs him, and Sirius looks relieved, laughing breathily. They both fall silent, however, when they see Remus, and their expressions change to hopeful. Remus looks at them, and then down at my face, and then back at them.

And then his own mouth breaks into an uncertain grin, and James and Sirius cheer, running forwards and tackling their friend to the floor. They all laugh as their dog pile turns into a full-blown wrestling match, and I shake my head in amusement before passing them and taking a seat next to Lily, who is making more revision notes and muttering to herself.

"There's no way Sirius will get these ones." She smiles happily as she glances at me and then the bunny in my arms. "Did you steal that from McGonagall's class?"

I shrug, "She knows I have him."

I place Sebastian on the coffee table, and he begins sniffing Lily's bag. She looks from it to me before glancing back at the ruckus going on behind us.

"What did you say to him?" She asks as I too watch Remus throw James off of him while laughing wildly.

"I told him he needs to stop being stupid." I drop my bag to the floor and get out my own work. Lily nods.

"He went through the same thing in third year," she muses, "I took a different approach. Told him that Sirius was planning on getting himself bitten. That snapped him out of things."

I laugh, and she grins, reaching forwards and scratching Sebastian behind the ears. He sniffs her hand before hopping over her parchment. I catch him before he hits the ground and place him on the cushion next to me.

"They sure are idiots," I mumble, glancing back as the boys all finally stand, looking a mess.

"Yeah, well." She smiles, "They mean well."

"Even James?" I ask her, and she shrugs.

"Even him. Though he's the biggest idiot of the lot."

I snicker, and we both watch James as he turns around and around in a circle until his eyes find Lily and he grins, mouthing the words 'watch this, Evans' before dropping to his hands and knees behind Remus. Sirius sees this and acts quick, shoving Remus over James's back so he goes toppling to the ground. Despite herself, Lily laughs, and James looks triumphantly excited at the sight, helping his friend to his feet.

"You know," I begin carefully, eyeing the red head as she continues to watch him, "he's not bad looking either."

"Who, James?" She frowns, glancing at me before looking back at him. She shrugs, "I suppose. He needs a haircut, though."

She continues to stare thoughtfully at him, and I grin to myself, deciding not to push her any further and instead going back to my work. I begin on the Potions essay Marlene finished in Transfiguration, and soon Dorcas comes over as well, sitting on the floor and taking Sebastian before practicing her Vanishing Spell on him. We work mainly in silence, but all of us look up when Alice takes a seat next to us.

"Woah." I narrow my eyes and look around the common room, "What are you doing here? You've been off the grid for weeks."

"Yeah, aren't you completely invested in your new love or whatever bullshit?" Dorcas asks absentmindedly, nudging Sebastian, who's taken a special liking to her, off of her Potions essay for the fourth time.