14: "Your liver must hate you."

Since Quidditch doesn't technically start until November, we start off by only having one practice a week. It gives us all time to get to know one another and become comfortable, and even start up thinking of strategies for when we do have our first game against Slytherin.

James requested that we practice twice a week, to get ahead, but I told him he'd have to take that extra nap time out of my cold dead hands, so he caved. Since then, we've been practicing loosely once a week, mostly just fooling around on the pitch and talking strategy as the days get shorter and September melts into October.

Soon enough, the first Hogsmeade weekend comes along, having the entire school brimming with excitement at the thought of leaving school grounds.

"Do you guys all have your forms signed?" Mary asks as we sit in Charms class.

"Yeah, but I had to work for my signature," I say, yawning hugely as I pack my stuff away.

"I forged mine," Dorcas says, brushing her dark hair from her face as she stands, "I mastered the art in third year."

We all chuckle as the bell rings, signalling the end of class and the stampede of students as they head to the grounds to give their forms to their Head of House and catch the carriages that lead to the village. We all make our way outside, finding McGonagall in the crowd of students and giving her the slips of paper signed by our parents before heading for the carriages.

"First carriage!" Marlene calls, and her, James, Alice, Dorcas, Mary, and Peter all rush towards it, leaving me, Sirius, Remus, and Lily waiting for the next one. We groan, the cold nipping at my open ears and nose as our friends ride away, laughing at our misfortune.

"You thinking what I'm thinking, Moony?" Sirius turns to the taller friend, who looks at him suspiciously.

"Not now and probably not ever," he answers and I snort.

"If you're lucky."

I chuckle as Sirius nudges me before beginning to head back into the castle.

"Where the hell are you going?" I ask as Remus smirks, following his friend.

"Think we can trust them, Remus?" Sirius asks mischievously, and his friend raises his shoulder in a one-armed shrug.

"I think we'll have to if we want to beat James and Peter," he answers, and Lily and I share a look before rolling our eyes and following them.

"It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make." Sirius grins as we enter the castle and make a beeline for the stairs.

"What exactly are we being trusted with?" Lily asks as we march through the corridors, weaving through excited students and disappointed first and second years who don't get to go to Hogsmeade yet.

"You two dumbasses do realize that we're going in the opposite direction of our intended destination," I say, raising an eyebrow in question as they both snicker.

"Oh, you'll be swallowing your words in a few minutes," Sirius says as we reach the third floor and stop climbing, instead making our way to the Turris Magnus, one of the largest towers of Hogwarts that overlooks the suspension bridge and the training grounds.

That's where we stop, in front of a creepy statue of a one-eyed witch that I've seen maybe once or twice.

"Oh wow. I've never been to this part of Hogsmeade before," I say dryly, and Lily snickers.

"Oh shut up," Sirius rolls his eyes, but there's a small smile on his face as he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, "and just watch."

I cross my arms in a disbelieving nature as he pulls out his wand and taps the statue.