18: "Looks like you're stuck with me."

The thing about injuries you obtain from a werewolf, whether it be a gash or a bite or simply a paper cut sized wound, is that it'll be there forever. After a week of changing my bandages and keeping the scratch clean, I'm finally able to take off the coverings, leaving the scabbed mess that is my arm.

I sigh as I look in the mirror one last time on Monday morning. The pressure of the looming Quidditch match this weekend is really starting to get to me. Playing Slytherin is gonna be hell, I know, but it's what I signed up for.

In the last eight days, the Marauders have grown closer to me. Maybe it's because I know their secrets, but our relationship is a lot different now that I am in the loop. They trust me, and it feels great. Scary, but great.

It's hard to believe how much Sirius, James, and Peter went through in order to help out Remus. I thought they were just a group of four boys that got placed in a dorm together and made friends, but in reality it seems like they'd do anything for one another.

Once again I'm early for breakfast, and I'm surprised to see Sirius and James sitting in the Common Room when I descend the stairs.

"What's cooking, good looking?" I wink at Sirius as he looks up from his homework, seeming stressed.

"Finishing up a last minute Defence Against the Dark Arts essay." He runs a hand through his hair as I flop down between him and James, propping my feet on the footstool.

"Really? I finished that ages ago." I glance over at his parchment, which is covered in a messy, slanted scrawl.

He shoves my face away with his hand, and I grin before he pulls me into a headlock.

"Read over it for me?" He asks, holding me in place as I sigh and skim his work, which is surprisingly adequate. Not enough for an Outstanding, though.

I nudge his arm off of me and grab his paper, adding onto the scribbles and random notes and making it better than decent. When I give it back, he grins.

"I think I might love you."

I roll my eyes, chuckling as he frantically begins his good copy, leaving me to lean back and glance at James.

"And what last minute assignment are you finishing?" I snatch his paper from him, but he makes no move to take it back, just leaning back and groaning. I glance at his Care of Magical Creatures study, which was due on Friday and was basically just a project on a class five animal of our choice.

"I just got it done. Screw a good copy, Kettleburn doesn't care about that shit anyway."

I shrug, handing him the paper back and standing up.

"I'm going to breakfast now, are you two coming?"

"Gotta shower."

"Gotta finish this essay."

"Suit yourselves." I shrug, stepping over James's legs to head to the portrait hole, "See you in class."

"See you."

***

I walk into the unusually dim Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom a little late, Sirius close in tow as he pushes me inside, shutting the door tight.

"Did she see us?" I ask him, referring to Professor Vector, our Arithmancy teacher who we just dungbombed.

"Don't think so," he says, grinning before tugging me along to the two empty seats, right between Marlene and Mary and James and Lily. How those two got sat together is a complete mystery to me. Well, not really. What likely happened was James sat next to the red head and she tried desperately to find another seat but he only followed her wherever she went.