13: "I am a dirty, dirty little girl."

After school on Monday, I'm still angry with James, even though he's apologized a couple times. The thing is, I know he doesn't really mean it, and he only says he regrets it because it ended up hitting Lily, who by the way isn't even talking to him. I know that if given the chance, James will attack Snape again. They hate each other.

But the thought of beating Deighton in tryouts is still too tempting, and sitting at dinner I've already made my decision, I just like seeing Potter beg.

"Please, Cassidy?" He asks as I munch on my potatoes and stare straight ahead, unbothered and hiding my amusement, "Pretty please? With a cherry on top?"

"God you sound pathetic," Dorcas comments, smirking along with all the others as they enjoy James in this unnatural state.

"I don't think I've ever seen him beg like this," Alice says through a mouthful of peas, "It's uncanny."

"James Potter doesn't beg," James says, and I quickly turn my gaze to him, raising a challenging eyebrow, "Except for now. Cassidy, I'm begging you to tryout."

Everyone chuckles as I cross my arms, putting my fork down and tilting my head in thought.

"Uh oh," Sirius says, pointing at me with his knife, "I know that look. She's scheming. She had the same face on when we were plotting our prank on Deighton."

"Okay, I'll come to your tryouts tonight on one condition." I beckon for his ear to whisper in, and his eyes widen as I tell him what the terms are. I lean back smugly as he looks conflicted, seeming about to argue as I stuff some chicken down my gullet, "It's that or nothing, Potter."

He groans, running a hand down his face before reluctantly standing on the bench and then stepping onto the table, nudging away some plates with his feet so he can stand. He picks up his glass along with a knife and loudly clanks the two together, successfully silencing the Gryffindor table and then the rest.

My friends glance from me to him as he clears his throat shakily.

"I just wanted to say, that . . ." He looks at me and clears his throat again, "that I am a dirty, dirty little girl."

I raise an eyebrow, and he sighs, slapping his own ass as everyone bursts into roaring laughter. Even a few of the teachers stifle their smiles, and I see McGonagall chuckle as James turns beet red and sits back down next to me.

"Oh my god!" Marlene cackles as Mary begins crying tears of joy, leaning so far into Alice that they go tumbling off the back of the bench. Sirius doubles over wheezing as I wink at Lily, who is grinning in satisfaction at James's punishment.

"Holy shit," Sirius says as Dorcas hands him two sickles, laughing too hard to even care about losing the bet.

"That's going down in history," Remus says once his own howling laughter has died down. James buries his face in his hands, and I pat him on the shoulder.

"See you tonight, Jamesy."

I get up off the bench, all of my friends clapping as I give them a bow and a salut before leaving the Great Hall, giggling softly to myself as I head back to the Common Room.

I spend the next half hour mentally preparing myself for what's to come, convincing myself that I won't fall off my broom the minute I get on.

Soon enough, I'm walking with Dorcas, James, and a girl named Emmeline Vance who is trying out for Keeper.

"You guys nervous?" She asks, tying her blonde hair back from her bony face.

"No," Dorcas and James say while I remain silent. They don't seem to notice my lack of reaction, and for that I'm thankful.