10: "I'm the baddest bad boy there is."

An hour later, and people start trickling down into the common room, where I catch up on the classes that I missed yesterday. I'm still exhausted, but after I shower I manage to finish all of my homework as my friends flop on the couch next to me.

"Where the hell have you been?" Marlene asks as she applies more makeup, not even needing a mirror to look in.

"Yeah, you completely bailed on dinner, and then we were all searching for you," Lily says, "We almost went to the teachers."

I yawn, "I was just in the hospital wing all night. Recovering from the Herbology incident."

"Really?" Alice asks, "James said he looked there."

"I was in a closed ward," I say quickly, packing up my things.

"Oh," she says, and then luckily Marlene changes the subject.

"What do you think of this eyeliner?" She asks Dorcas, who peers at it.

"Looks good," she says.

"You're dressing up more than usual," Mary comments as Marlene fastens two large hoop earrings around her lobes, "Meeting a boy?"

"Yes, actually," she says smugly, "I'm ditching History of Magic."

"Oooooh, who is it?" Mary says, immediately interested.

"Marcus Borden." She grins, and Mary practically swoons as I gag.

"Ew."

They gape at me, "Are you crazy?"

"Marcus is one of the hottest guys in our house," Marlene says, looking slightly offended.

"I can't look at him like that, he's my brother's friend." I scrunch my face up in distaste as they scoff.

"Then you're lucky. You should've made a move while you still could." Marlene brushes her fingers through her hair before stuttering slightly as if realizing what she said.

"You mean before my brother shunned me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow in amusement as her eyes widen, "Relax, I've moved on."

"Finally!" She exclaims, and I burst into laughter.

"Marlene it's been like one day."

"I'm an impatient person," she just says, shrugging, "I was waiting for you to figure out your brother is an asshole and you don't need him."

"Mar," Lily says warningly as I chuckle.

"You are so insensitive." Dorcas shakes her head at the girl, who shrugs.

"Whatever. I've got places to be and things to do." She stands up and grins slyly, "Or should I say hot seventh years to do."

We all makes noises of protest as she waves at us and leaves, cuing us to stand up as well and head to breakfast.

"So are you and James a thing?" Mary asks curiously as we walk, and I snort with laughter.

"Not even close," I say, glancing at Lily. Her expression is unreadable, and I'm a little surprised that she really doesn't care one bit about James. I guess she actually does like Snivellus.

"Pretty sure he's still obsessed with you, Lil," Dorcas says amusedly, and the red head rolls her eyes.

"I don't know when he's going to drop it," she sighs, "Have I not made it obvious I don't feel the same way?"

"You've made it obvious all right," Alice says, snorting with laughter, "He's just blinded by his love for you."

Lily rolls her eyes again, and I laugh.