Part 10

8:45 pm

“Why are the lights on? Are they already home?”

You wonder while entering your house as the lights were on. “Eomma, Appa" you call out their name loud but no one answers. And as you walk toward the living area, you hear some whimper. Slowly glancing inside you see your mom in an unconscious state laying on the floor, the water was spilled on the coffee table and the glass was broken.

"Eomma" you panic and run to help her. You shake her body persistently, heart sinking to see your mother in such a state. Although you hated her but she was the one who brought you in this world and who taught you to talk and walk.

_._

You anxiously wait for the doctor outside the hallway. Your eyes were teary and there  was lump in your throat.

“Why am I tearing up for someone who doesn't care about me"

You did call your father but as usual he didn't pick your call.

Taehyung?

You didn't want anyone to know about your family matter, not even your childhood best friend.

And as the door of the emergency room opens, you quickly stand up and walk toward the doctor.

"You?” “I am her daughter" you nod, eyes again brimming with tears. “She is fine but didn't you know she is suffering from asthma? She should always carry an inhaler” the doctor says.

"What?” you frown as you didn't know your mom's health condition. Then the doctor and his team leaves, leaving you who was still in shock.

"You can see her" the nurse bows at you and you open the door to see your mom sleeping on the bed. You slowly walk toward her and gently hold her hand, tears dropping one after one on your cheek. Your mother was sleeping peacefully, slight wrinkles on her forehead and eye area, an oxygen mask attached around her nose and mouth.

"For how long were you enduring” your voice trembles and her image starts to dance in front of your eyes. The way she always acted rude, skipped your parents teacher meetings at school, always got busy at her work, used hurtful words but overall she also loved you secretly.

Always made sure that you were safe and weren’t missing anything in your life, every night even if she came home late, she would tuck an extra blanket on you to make sure you wouldn't catch a cold. Her way of treating you was wrong but her love was always genuine.

"Thank you” you bow at the cashier as he hands you the medicines which the nurse asked you for.

"Y/N?” someone calls you as you turn around and were ready to walk further while glancing inside the bag. You look up, still feeling down at the news of your mom's health condition. “What are you doing here?” Jungkook was surprised to see you at the hospital at this hour. Then you see a lady standing beside him who looked as your mom's age.

"Do you know her?” she looks at Jungkook and then you. “Yeah she's my friend" he nods, eyes not leaving yours. Jungkook was curious when he saw your red puffy eyes. “I'll leave you guys alone" his mom nods at both of you and walks away.

"Y/N are you alright? Did you cry?” he takes few steps closer with a worried frown and your chin starts to quiver.

"J-Jungkook-ah" you sniff and walk forward, laying your head on his chest. Jungkook was immensely stunned as he never imagined in his life that he would see this side of you cause you always portrayed yourself as a strong girl in front of everyone, but no one knew what were you going through.

"Why did she never talk about it?” you cry in pain and Jungkook stands baffled but he quickly reacts when he sees Taehyung at a corner standing along with Minsuh

Jungkook pulls you to his chest and hugs you tightly and for the first time, Taehyung felt something. He didn't know what it was but he had this urge build in him to pull you away from Jungkook's hug.

"Aren't they Y/N and Jungkook?” Minsuh speaks in her pouted lips and then looks at Taehyung who kept on glaring at Jungkook.

"Tae" Minsuh calls him again, this time with a shake in his arm.

"Huh?” Taehyung's gaze finally shifts back to Minsuh. “Should we call them?” she looks at you and Jungkook. “No let them be. By the way you took the medicines?” Taehyung asks and Minsuh nods. “I still have slight pain” she rubs her abdomen and Taehyung smiles as he pats her head. “Call me if you need something” he adds and then looks at Jungkook who kept his gaze fixed at Taehyung.