Part 35

"Here" Jungkook slides a letter toward you while you stare at the table sitting across Jungkook on the living area of your apartment. “Seems like Taehyung had a lot of say" he looks at you as you rip off the envelope, face turning blue.

Hey Y/N, you're mad at me I know and I deserve it too. You must have been surprised when you saw me after 2 years. How I appeared into your life acting as if nothing happened in the past, right?
Words will never be able to express all the regret I've been feeling these past years. I came to Busan in a motive to meet you and apologize. Seeing you after years, my heart warmed up but every time when I looked into your eyes I could see the hurt that I caused. Hurt, which kept on pushing me back thinking whether my apology will be good enough or not. Or it would cause you more pain.
I deeply regret that I couldn't be there for you in your hard times. When you needed me the most, I wasn't there to lend you a shoulder to cry on. Never did I asked if you were doing fine or not.
I am sorry. It was foolish of me to take you for granted. 
“I am truly sorry that I hurt you. I know these words alone can't make things right, neither can I go back to time and fix everything. I want you to know how much I regret my past behaviors toward you. I love you with all my heart and I will do whatever I can to make it up to you"
These were the exact words I had prepared to say, but hearing you last night I don't think I deserve a chance. I felt it would be good if I leave.
Please find a guy who will love and cherish you and will be there in your hard times, unlike me.

Your eyes gets watery as you read the letter, and your throat starts to burn. You crumble the letter that you were still holding on. Chin quivering, you bite your lips in order not to let your cry escape.

"Y/N" Jungkook calls you and you slowly look at him just to find him bowing at you in 90 degree. “I am sorry too" he says, not getting up. “There was time when I prioritized Minsuh over you. I completely ignored you and I am sorry. Please forgive me" he says.

You sniff as you quickly wipe the drop of tears that fell from your eyes.

Few months later

"I think our company needs to work more on-"

Taehyung's meeting abruptly gets interrupted by a phone call. He takes out his phone and glances at the screen, then decline the call he got from Jungkook.

"Sorry for that-" his words yet gets interrupted by another phone call from Jungkook. Taehyung then turns at his father and apologetically bows. “If it's important then go for it" his father nods and Taehyung quickly gets up from his seat, proceeding out from the meeting room to the hallway.

"Yahh why did you call me? I was in an important meeting" Taehyung whines in annoyance as soon as he picks the call. “Hey bro what's up" Jungkook cheerfully speaks on the other side. “Why? What's the matter?” Taehyung annoyingly hisses at him.

"It's about Y/N” the sudden change in Jungkook's voice tone makes Taehyung anxious. “Is she fine? What's wrong Jungkook-ah? Yahh will you tell me already"

Your name had great impact on Taehyung. Every time Taehyung knew Jungkook would go to Busan, he would insist Jungkook to pay a visit at your apartment and tell him how you were doing. He would get happy and would feel relieved after hearing how well you were doing in your life, but never did he build the guts to pay visit by his own.

"Jeon Jungkook" Taehyung shouts but his voice fades when Jungkook replies flatly, “Y/N's getting married"

"W-What?” Taehyung's world falls apart quickly and his steps freezes. “She sent me invitation a week ago. There's still 5 hours to go-" “Tell me the address” Taehyung thins his lips. “What?” “Tell me the address" Taehyung yells on the phone. “xxx hall, Busan"

It doesn't even take Taehyung a minute to run toward the parking lot. “Mr. Kim, Mr. Kim" his secretary rushes toward him but couldn't catch his speed.

"Sir, Mr.- Mr. Kim…….ran away" the secretary pants heavily when she goes back to the meeting hall and reports his father. The hall quickly fills up with gossips and then one of the employee quickly stands up.

"I'll tell the security to stop him" the employee holds the telephone and Taehyung's father quickly stops him, “Let him go"