Part 30

Meanwhile in Jungkook's life

He has been working in his laptop while sitting in one position for almost 3 hours. “Hah finally" Jungkook inhales deep breath as he turns off his laptop. He then glances at the coffee and pastry that he had ordered hours ago.

"Should have better ate at first" he sighs and then stands up with hands inside his pocket from the peaceful room that he usually books in his favourite café shop. Walking downstairs while humming to the song, he makes it to the counter to give a fresh order.

Eyes wandering on the menu he now speaks to the female who was ready to take the order. “One milk coffee and-“ “Jungkook-ah"

His gaze halts and then shifts to the female standing on the counter. “Minsuh” Jungkook exclaims.

Taehyung glances at you after tucking a blanket over a kid who slept peacefully

Taehyung glances at you after tucking a blanket over a kid who slept peacefully. He watches you who was carefully laying the sleeping kid and tucking a blanket. Then he quickly averts his gaze when you turn to face him.

"Shall we eat now? You must be hungry" you ask while walking toward him. “Umm yeah" he nods. “What would you like to have? I'll order" you fish your phone and look for restaurant online. “Anything will do” Taehyung just nods with an awkward smile while you don't give much attention to him and begin to order food.

The food arrives shortly after and you walk inside the staff  room after paying the delivery guy. “Let's hurry up the kids will wakeup soon" you quickly put the bag of food on the table and sit across him, not glancing at him for once.

You both silently eat the food without talking much. After the lunch you clean the table and so does Taehyung until a loud cry interrupts you. “That must be Seolhee-ya” you hurriedly rush to the other room where the kids were sleeping.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare again?” you pick her up on your arm and gently pat her back while Taehyung follows you.
-He keeps on staring at you, standing on the doorframe while you help Seolhee to sleep.

In the evening

“Bye" you smile at the kid who just left with his parents. “Hah" you sigh and then turn to face Taehyung who was looking at the little kids that were crossing road along with their parents by holding hands. You look at the direction he was gazing.

"Are you thinking the same as I am?”

Your voice averts Taehyung's gaze. “We too used to hold hands and return home in our elementary school" you then look at Taehyung, both of your eyes locked to his. “Umm” he nods not leaving your gaze.

"But why did you always hold my hand?” he asks. “Nothing special. Your mom told me you didn't know how to cross road that's why" you casually nod, gaze averted.

And then suddenly it starts to rain heavily and you quickly pull Taehyung inside the school.

"The weather forecast said it will be a sunny day" you say as you look outside at the dark cloudy sky. “Well I don’t think the rain will stop" Taehyung says while looking at the rain outside. “What should we do then?” you turn at Taehyung and then glance at the clock which showed 6 pm.

“You can start packing till then I'll go and buy umbrella” Taehyung nods at you and was about to run outside the rain but you quickly grab his arm. “Yahh you'll get sick” you frown at him, genuinely worried. “No I won’t trust me" he smiles and slowly wipes your grip.

"Tae" you shout at his back who just ran outside at the heavy rain.

15 minutes, no response of Taehyung. You try to dial his number and realize he left his phone to you. Worried, you run outside the rain and look here and there from the gate hoping you will see Taehyung who would be running toward you. But no sign of him.

As you sigh you turn and decide to wait for him inside the school but a voice interrupts you.

"Nuna" Seongjun smiles who is standing with his umbrella.

"Oh hey” you nod at him and he quickly pulls you inside his umbrella by holding your waist. Instead of getting butterflies inside your stomach, you get shiver by his touch. That was really awkward moment for you so you quickly slap his grip from your waist and nervously smile.

"Sorry" Seongjun too apologetically looks at you.

"Are you alone? Mind if I drop you home?” he asks you. “No I am with-" “Let's go" then he instantly holds your wrist and pulls you inside his car which makes you wonder why he did that. And as you scan around you see Taehyung drenched in rain, holding the newly bought umbrella.

His eyes spoke hurt.

"Tae-“ “You will catch cold Nuna" Seongjun pushes you inside his car and hurriedly takes the driver's seat.