Part 28

The debate went a bit longer than you thought as the competition was neck to neck. The opposing team were immensely talented and at some point you thought your team would loose anytime but at the last round, your team made it.

While you and your teammates were celebrating the win, Taehyung smiles at you and arranges the papers that were shattered on his table.

Walking out from the room while chatting with your teammates about what to do after college, someone interrupts you all.

"Hey" Taehyung bumps into you and nervously waves his hand. “Do you guys know each other?” your teammate asks. “Umm" you nod at them and with a weak smile. “We'll get going then. Meet us in the classroom okay?” they nod at you and leave, a tension rising between you and Taehyung.

"How have you been?” Taehyung searches your face. “Been good how about you" you now look at him, faking a smile. And then you find him staring at you.

"I missed you" he says, eyes never leaving yours. His words takes you back for a moment, your heart beat skips as your cheeks slowly turns red. You had been preparing for this day. For the day to face him and act like you had already moved on, but your tears didn't let you to do so.

"But I didn't” you stare right into eyes, doing your best not to let the tears fall down. “Umm" Taehyung nods, already knowing how hurt you were and how you were doing your best to cope up with a lie.

"I'll leave then" he nods at you and turns on his feet, his ears turning red. All the things he prepared for, now vanished in a mist. He wanted to beg for forgiveness, wanted to wrap you in his arm and never let you go.

Later that night, 8:45 pmYou and your teammates walk out from the restaurant with unsteady steps

You and your teammates walk out from the restaurant with unsteady steps. “Bye Y/N see you tomorrow” they wave their hand at you, words slur. “Yeah" you coo at them, eyes barely opening up and steps wobbling. You were wrecking alcohol and the passers-by gave you weird looks while pinching their nose.

Suddenly you get a foreign feeling inside your stomach, an urge rises up to your throat to throw up. You take a grip on one of the poll and throw up everything.

"Y/N?” a husky voice calls you and you slowly look up with eyes half closed while rubbing your lips with the back of your hand, the red lipstick messed up. “Ahh Taehyung-ah" you grin foolishly at him while he stands still with wide eyes, luggage on his hand.

"Oh? What's with those suitcase" with slur words you point at his luggage, body unbalanced. “Y/N why are you alone” Taehyung quickly leaves his handbag and holds you as you were about to stumble on your own.

"Huh? Why do you even care?” you giggle in your drunk state while looking into his eyes, body pressed so close against Taehyung that not even an air could escape.

"Tell me your address I'll drop you" he holds you by your arm and carries his handbag over his shoulder while you start to point to the direction to your apartment.

Taehyung and you successfully reach to your apartment building, the security guard gives Taehyung a suspicious frown while scanning him down to top who was holding you.

"Ahh Ahjussi he's my friend. Friend? No not friend. He's my best friend” you were still in your drunk state, Taehyung awkwardly nods at the security guard and walks toward the elevator with you. While on the way to your apartment floor, inside the elevator, Taehyung shyly smiles as he remembers how you mentioned him as your best friend.

"Y/N, Hey. What's the passcode?” Taehyung gently taps your cheeks to wake you up and you lazily open your eyes. “Hmm.....it's my birthday year" you lazily answer and then plop on Taehyung's shoulder again.

As Taehyung punches the passcode, he first takes off his shoes and then yours. He then picks you up on his arm and takes you to your bedroom, gently laying you down on the bed.

"Ice cream" you mumble on your sleep while licking your lips and Taehyung chuckles. He walks to your makeup desk and searches for cleansing cloth to remove your makeup.

After removing your makeup and cleaning your hands and feet, he glances at you who was sleeping with mouth half open.

"She looks like a baby" Taehyung sits beside you and pats your head with a smile while thinking about the times you and Taehyung spent on childhood. “You're such a liar, aren't you?” his smile slowly fades away replacing by warm tears.

Flashback, during elementary school

"Will you guys stop?” the small version of you shouts at the boys who were teasing Taehyung by calling him alien. “He is an alien. He gives off base answer to simple question” the boys starts to laugh at Taehyung. “That doesn't give you right to make fun of him" you yell at them.

"Alien, Alien, Taehyung is an alien" they start to make fun of Taehyung while pointing at him who seemed to burst into tears. “You want some hit" you run at them and slap their head, who now starts to whine in pain and the teacher instantly rushes when she hears some cries.

"What's going on here?” she rushes between you and the boys, then you grab their hair in anger while Taehyung flees away from the scene. “Ahn Y/N” teacher sternly calls your name and separates you from the boys. “Teacher, she suddenly began to hit us" the boys fake their cries and you frown at them. “They should be bitten” you again reach to pull their hair but the teacher reaches up to stop you.

"I'll complain to your parents. You've been getting really naughty these days" the teacher says and the boys secretly sticks their tongue out to tease you when teacher wasn't looking.

“You were here" you walk into a room which was filled with toys with your tiffin box, Taehyung playing alone along with his tiffin beside him

“You were here" you walk into a room which was filled with toys with your tiffin box, Taehyung playing alone along with his tiffin beside him. Taehyung quickly throws the toys and shrugs to a corner while you throw a loud sigh. “Yahh do I look that scary?” you frown and walk toward him.

"Sorry" he instantly covers his face with his arms when you plop down beside him. “I don't hit nice guys" you protest with pouted lips and open your tiffin box to give him watermelons. “Open your mouth ahh" you hold the chopped watermelon with chopstick and turn to him while he aggressively shakes his head.

"Do you want some slap?” you raise your voice and he instantly opens his mouth wide. “What did you bring though?” you glance at his tiffin box. “My mom made me some rice cake and baked some cookies” Taehyung says while opening his lunch box. “Wahh they look really good" you make an O shape with your lips.

"Why? Doesn't your mom make you anything?” he now turns at you. “No, she is too busy to take care of me" you shake your head and Taehyung nods.

“Btw how did you know that I was here?” Taehyung asks you. “I'll find you wherever you go" you grin.