Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

(Aubrey's POV)

Well, that car ride was probably the most awkward thing I've ever experienced. I parked in the back of the stadium and hopped out of the car. The boys and Hudson followed but, Hudson went to check on security in the front of the building.

"Okay," I led the boys to meet my sister by the dressing rooms. "I'm taking you to the boss lady."

"Wow, that sounds scary." Louis joked.

"She's not that scary." I laughed. "It's my older sister." I saw that Niall raised his eyebrows and I just ignored him. 

"We'll let Liam take care of him." Harry winked.

"Okay, moving on." I pointed to the couch area with the tables of the food. "This is obviously the snacks and stuff..." I keep walking until I see Kelsey. "And this," I say, pointing to Kelsey. "Is Kelsey. My sister."

"Aye, Liam. We'll let you take of this," Zayn pats him on the back and walks over to the food area. Niall follows Zayn, and Louis and Harry both go into the dressing room. I walk out onto the stage and prepare for mic check in 15. I decide to call Zoella so I could talk to her. I sat down in a seat in the first row, and called Zoella. She picked up on the first ring.

"Aubrey!" She squealed into the phone. "I literally miss you so much!"

"I know! I miss you too! Gosh, I have so much to tell you."

"I know, same! Good thing I'm coming in for a visit."

"Yes! And, don't worry about getting a hotel. You can stay at my house."

"Aw, thanks, Aub! So, what are you doing right now?"

"I'm at work. Getting ready for mic check so, I thought this would be a great time to call you."

"Oooo. What band is playing tonight."

"One Direction."

"Oh my gosh! No way. That has got to be awkward."

"Aubrey!!!" I look up and see Kelsey. "It's mic check time." I groaned.

"Ugh, Zoe. Speaking of awkward. I have to go."

"Good luck, love! Hugs and kisses."

"Thanks. Love you lots!" I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. "K," I say to Kelsey. "Let's just get this over with."

"Don't be a buzz kill." She threw the keys to the sound box so that I could run up and hand them to Kevin. I jog up the aisle while the boys gather on stage, running around, and just fooling around.

"Kev!!!" I sprint into the sound box and hug him. Kevin was like my big brother. He's been working with Kelsey for about 10 years now so, I'm pretty close with him. "I'm so glad your back from Florida."

"Hey, kiddo." He ruffled my hair. I handed him the keys to unlock the boards.

"Bye, Kev! Talk to ya through my walkie talkie during the concert!" I raced back down to the stage.

The boys put in their ear pieces and I guide them through sound check. "K, Zayn, you're microphone 1, Liam, you're 2, Niall, you're 3, Harry, you're 4, and Louis, you're 5." They all nod. "Ni," I start. "-all, use the amp to the right over there for your guitar. The other amp is for the drums." he walked over and plugged his red guitar in. I gave the thumbs up sign to Kevin and he returned it. "Okay, Zayn."

"Flashing lights in my mind

Going back to the time

Playing games in the street

Kicking balls with my feet

There’s a numb in my toes

Standing close to the edge

There’s a pile of my clothes

At the end of your bed

As I feel myself fall

Make a joke of it all." All throughout his singing, Kevin played with the volume and whatnot. Kevin did the same for all the boys' microphones and the instruments. 

"Okay, you guys are good!" Kelsey smiled. "You can go get ready."

"Thanks Aubrey!" Harry said and smiled. the boys left the stage to go get dressed and get their hair done. 

"So, Aubrey. Was it really that bad?"

"No, but it's not over either, Kelsey."

"You're such a drama queen sometimes," she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, Kelsey. I don't care. It's not like Niall is going to talk to me. I'll be fine."

"Why not?"

"Because he's mad at me."

"Oh my gosh, just make up. Seriously? It shouldn't be that hard. You guys were best friends."

"Were. Not anymore and probably not ever, Kelsey." I walked off the stage and straight into somebody. And that somebody just so happens to be Niall Horan. "Uh, oops. Sorry." Awkward. 

"It's okay..." He looked up from his phone to meet my eyes. "Aubrey?"

"Uh, yeah." I turned around and kept walking to Kelsey's office. Oh my God.

(Niall's POV)

Well, that just happened. She looks the same. I was about to hug her but then I stopped myself. I just couldn't. But remembering what Zayn had told me, I started to walk after her. I just needed to get an explanation. I reached the door that she entered and I knocked.

"Who is it?" She asked, through the door.

"Uh, it's Niall." No response. "Aubrey, just open up. I need to talk to you." I heard footsteps making their way over to the door. She opened the door and motioned for me to come inside. I took a seat next to the desk. I realized this was Kelsey's office. Aubrey sat down across from me and just stared at me for a minute.

"Okay, sooooo," she said.

"Obviously, this was a surprise for the both of us," I start and Aubrey nods. "But I've been meaning to tell you something."

"Don't even say sorry, Niall." She looks at me with a sad expression. "Because you shouldn't be. This was all my fault. I left and I ruined everything."

"Don't be ridiculous, Aubrey. You didn't ruin everything. And, it's not all your fault."

"Yeah, it is." Is she joking? Seriously, this was not all her.

"Aubrey, it's not. I mean yeah, you didn't answer and you left me without saying goodbye but-"

"It's not like I chose to! You have no idea what I was going through."

"I know, Aubrey." I look at her. "But, I could've helped you. And you didn't let me, or anybody, for that matter, help you."

"I didn't want help. I just wanted my parents." She looked on the verge of tears. There was knock at her door. "Come in," she says, in a monotone voice. It was that boy, Hudson, I think his name was.

"Oh, sorry," he says, with a confused look on his face. "Am I interrupting here?" 

"Yes," I say. Aubrey looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"No, Hudson. What do you need?" 

"Uh, Kelsey was looking for you."

"Oh, okay. I'll be right out." Hudson leaves and Aubrey looks at me. "We'll talk later, Niall."

"When's later?"

"I don't know. Just later."

"Whatever." I stand up and leave to go get ready for this concert. 

Hope you're enjoying!! Loooove. XOXO, Olive.