Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

(Aubrey's POV)

Oh my God. Did that even just happen? And I told him it wasn't even his fault. But, of course that is true so, why was I thinking that it was before? It's not his fault, it's mine. Although. he's the one that stopped trying to communicate with me. He stopped too soon. I groaned. This was all so confusing.

I can't blame him for not wanting to talk to me anymore. I mean, I was a mess. I know he stopped because it was too hard to love someone like me in the state I was in at the moment. It's hard to love someone that's sad all the time.

But, I'm not completely sad anymore. I have people that love me. Even if I only know two who truly love me; Kelsey and Zoella. The boys are warming up and it seems that Niall is a bit distracted. He glances at me and then looks away.

"Aubrey!" Kelsey came running up to me. I walked over to the food and dipped a strawberry into chocolate. I was a little further away from the boys but, I could still hear them. "Is everything ready?"

"Uh," I hesitated. "I don't know... Is everything ready?"

"Really, Aubrey?" She sighed. "You can't even do your job."

"Sorry! I was caught up in a few things." 

"Yeah, whatever." She stormed off to her office. I caught Niall's eye and quickly averted my eyes somewhere else. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around. It was Hudson.

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm fine. I have to get backstage." I turned around and headed out to stage right, where I'll be spending the next 3 hours off my night. I took a seat next to a set of TVs, where I can see everything. I set my walkie talkie next to me and glanced down at me set-list. This was going to be a long night.

(Niall's POV)

I didn't like her. I've never liked Kelsey. When I first met Aubrey, all Kelsey did was boss her around and put her down. She still does it, obviously. Aubrey always just looks so hurt when her sister yells at her.

I start to walk after her. But, someone holds me back. Zayn.

"Mate, what are you doing?"  He asks.

"Uh, I have to do something right now."

"Maybe not before the concert. Talk to her later. Try to have a good night." I back up a few steps. I sigh and hold my hands up. 

"Okay, okay."

"Boys!" Paul shouted. "You're on in 5! Ni, Liam, and Louis, stage right. Harry and Zayn, stage left." 

"Let's do this, mates!" Louis shouts. We head out backstage and immediately hear screaming fans. I plug in one of my ear pieces and spot Aubrey back stage. She smiles a small smile and I avert my attention over to Liam and Louis. 

"You guys ready?" Aubrey asks. We all nod and she speaks into her walkie talkie. The announcer comes on ahead, ready to introduce us. Liam and Louis make funny faces at Harry and Zayn. I bounce on my feet to calm the nerves. Aubrey touches my arm. "Good luck."

I stop bouncing. "Thanks," I say before following Liam on stage.

(Aubrey's POV)

The boys jog onto the stage and I think I've lost all hearing in my right ear. These fans are ridiculous. The boys wave and obviously look like they are having the best time of their lives. 

"San Diego! How're you all doing?" Harry asks. The answer: a million or girls screaming. 

"Okay, okay!" Liam shouts, laughing. "The first song we'll be singing is Night Changes." More screams. Niall starts playing his guitar and Zayn starts singing.