Chapter 14

Chapter 14

(Niall's POV)

It's different. But, a nice kind of different. It's nice to hear someone else's footsteps downstairs in the kitchen pattering around instead of silence all the time. I love having Aubrey around all the time, but I hope my feelings for her don't get in the way of that because I'm sure she doesn't like me like I like her. I'm just afraid of our friendship falling apart because we don't share mutual feelings for being more than friends.

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head before pulling on a shirt with my sweats. I haed downstairs to see Aubrey making coffee. She hands me a cup.

"You're up early..." I shoot her a questioning look.

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep... Jet lag. I'm sure you know how it is."

"Or... you slept too much yesterday to actually be tired."

"Nah, that's not it."

I chuckle. "Okay, so what do you want to do today?"

"I don't know. Got any ideas?"

"Well, we can go get furniture and stuff for your room and then I'll take you out to see London."

"Okay," she shrugs her shoulders. "Sounds good to me."

***

(Aubrey's POV)

I change into some dark wash jeggings and a very light blue button down shirt. I tuck it in and roll the sleeves up. I accessorize with a maroon scarf and pair the outfit with some tan Ugg boots. (A/N- photo above, but without the heels) I throw my long hair up into a high ponytail.

I hop in the passenger seat of Niall's car and he drives to the furniture store.

"Let's go pick out furniture!" I say and Niall laughs at me. He asks a sales assistant to help us out and write a list of everything we like. The whole experience reminds me of a couple picking out things for their new house. It makes me want a relationship like that. With Niall? Maybe...

***

We ended up purchasing way more than we needed. I got a few shelves and racks for my closet, a fur rug, a small desk with a chair, and a headboard for my room. I found some cute pillows and throw to put on my bed. Niall got a few more pillows for his room. He also got some cushions for his kitchen table chairs.

We're out to eat at a cute cafe a few minutes from Niall's house.

Niall takes a sip of his water. "So, what do ya think of London?" He opens his arms out wide, gesturing to the streets around him.

"It's cute," I say and take bite of my food.

"It's cute?"

I laugh. "Joking. I love it. Thanks Niall."

"Anything for you," he winks. I feel the heat rush to my cheeks. Why am I blushing? Niall doesn't seem to notice since he continues talking. "So, tomorrow the boys and I have to go to the studio to work on some new songs for our upcoming album. I'll be gone from 9 to 1."

"I probably won't be awake."

He chuckles. "Probably not. But feel free to do whatever."

We head back to the house and watch a movie. I soon doze off into a comfortable sleep.

***

"I don't know, Mum. We'll see," I hear Niall say.

My eyes are still closed. Niall must be on the phone.

"I'll ask her, but I don't know if she'll want to," I hear him say from the kitchen. They must be talking about me. I can't hear his mother's replies. "Oh, and her birthday is in a couple days. Maybe we'll visit after because I'm off of work for two weeks after tomorrow."

I rub my eyes and stretch. I head over to the fridge as Niall finishes up his phone call.

"Alright Mum. I'll call you tomorrow... Love you too."

I grab a banana and sit next to him, peeling it.

He sighs. "That was my Mum," he explains, rubbing his forehead.

"Oh, and how is she?" I ask.

"She's fine. She's dying to see you, though. She wants you to come visit."

"Really?!" I ask.

"Yes... I told her I would ask you, but I wasn't sure if you would want to."

"Oh, I would! I haven't see your mum in forever!"

"I'll call her back then. We'll probably leave the day after your birthday," he tells me. "Speaking of which, what would you like for your birthday?"

"Honestly, I haven't given it much thought."

"Well I have to get you something."

"No you don't. This is enough," I say, gesturing to the house.

"I'll surprise you then," he winks.

I groan. "I hate surprises," I whine.

"Oh well..." he teases, and heads upstairs.

I sit in the kitchen for a moment, collecting my thoughts. I ignore the tingly feeling at the pit of my stomach. Why am I like this? And then it hits me. I'm falling for my best friend. And, I'm falling hard.

Okay I'm sooooo sorry for the short chapter!!!! The next chapter will be longer, I promise! So tonight Mel and I are going to see Fifth Harmony and we're so excited! Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading!

XOXO, Olive