Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

(Aubrey's POV)

After Starbucks, we all piled back into my car so I could take them back home for Zoella to unpack. The boys didn't have to be at the stadium until 4:00 because everything was already set up from the night before.

"You guys want to come back to my house?" I ask, pulling out. "Or drop you off at your hotel?"

Niall looked at Harry and Harry nods. "Your house is fine." Good thing Starbucks was literally 5 minutes away.

I pull into the driveway of my two story, four room,  & 2 1/2 bathroom house. It's stone and it's a pretty modern house. I pull into the right garage which is considered mine, and the left is Kelsey's side. Although, I usually drive Kelsey to work. I unlock the cars and get out, leading everyone into my house. Kelsey has gone to work for the day so I was the only one home once again. Harry carries Zoella's bags inside. 

Niall looks a bit awkward inside. He looks around with his hands in his pockets. I show Harry where to put Zoe's stuff and they start to unpack together, talking quietly and flirting.

I walk over to Niall, looking at a picture of my parents and me, in Ireland when I was about 6. My dad was hugging my mum, and I was sat upon his shoulders. I rest my forearm on his shoulder.

"Do you like it?" I ask.

He stands there for a minute, thinking. "Yeah. It looks nice."

"Are you just saying that?" 

He shakes his head. "No, I like it, It's cute."

"Then, what are you thinking about?" I ask, removing my arm and standing next to him.

"I just... I just can't imagine living here by myself so much."

"It's okay. Working is how Kelsey copes." 

"How do you cope?"

"Uh, can you guess?"

"You bottle it all up until you explode."

"Right on, brother." He sighs.

"Cali really has rubbed off on you." I chuckle.

"I'm still an Irish girl at heart." I smile up at him and he laughs. I grab his hand. "Let me give you the grand tour!!" 

I lead him throughout the first floor, showing him the kitchen, the living room, and such before heading upstairs. Zoella is in the guest bedroom. Not quite sure what her and Harry are doing. I raise an eyebrow and nod towards the door. Niall laughs and gestures for me to keep going. I point out my bathroom and I show him my room.

I stop outside of my room's door. "Wait here," I say to Niall. "I have to change." I walk inside and close the door. 

I walk over to my closet and grab leggings and a t-shirt. I switch outfits and open the door for Niall to come in. His eyes scan over everything. My bed, my dresser, the balcony, the huge rug on the cherry wood floors, etc. I lay down on my bed on my phone. His eyes find my "Wall of Memories" and he frowns. (A/N picture to the side. Not the photos she has but an idea of what the wall looks like.) Probably because he's not on there but, Zoella, Kelsey, Hudson, my parents and Kevin all are. I sigh and hug him from behind.

"I'm sorry. The pics I had on my phone were all deleted." I explain. "I was just mad."

"Lost is more of the right word for it." He looks into my eyes and I feel a little more vulnerable. I break eye contact first and look at the floor, using my toes to play with the rug. "Hey," he says softly, pulling my chin up with his index finger. "We all feel a bit lost sometimes." I smile. "Anyway, when you moved, did you find a small shoe-box?" He asked.